Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Steeleng lift tires rubbing (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=124653)

Cyrus9 11-13-2016 02:45 PM

Steeleng lift tires rubbing

2 Attachment(s)
Hello. I put the lift on my ezgo .its a steeleng lift came with the tire and rim package. When I turn it left the tire rubs the steering rack. I tried rotating the wheels but still rubbing. Didn't see much when I tried to search this site or Google.anyone know what I did wrong? I'm sure it must be me. Thank you pictures enclosed

tag50 11-13-2016 03:08 PM

Re: Steeleng lift tires rubbing

Looks like things are too close on both sides. What's the off-set on those wheels? May need spacers?

Cyrus9 11-13-2016 03:25 PM

I believe they are 3 inch offset.they are itp ruckus 12 inch diameter for an ezgo gas cart

StoveBolt 11-13-2016 06:51 PM

Looking at the first picture they look to be offset in instead of out. Measuring the
depth from the bolt holes to the outer edge of the rim on both sides will tell you.

Cyrus9 11-13-2016 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes sorry for the black white photo no flash on my phone. Thank you guys for the replies. After stove bolts comments I believe they sent me the wrong wheels possibly

StoveBolt 11-14-2016 08:43 AM

:thumbup: They should know better.

BrewCityMusic 11-15-2016 05:54 PM

That happened to Me several times w Steeleng lift kit combo's back when I was using them, it IS an offset issue with certain rims they sell. Give them a call and let them know You need a set of 1" or 1.5" spacers, they should send them to You free of charge.

Cyrus9 11-15-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic (Post 1332155)
That happened to Me several times w Steeleng lift kit combo's back when I was using them, it IS an offset issue with certain rims they sell. Give them a call and let them know You need a set of 1" or 1.5" spacers, they should send them to You free of charge.

I guess you know the deal. I just spoke with them today and that was their solution. I appreciate the feedback everyone.

BrewCityMusic 11-18-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus9 (Post 1332160)
I guess you know the deal. I just spoke with them today and that was their solution. I appreciate the feedback everyone.

Sweet - Glad to help. Steeleng is really trying hard to make a name for themselves and their service is definitely excellent, even if sometimes there's a hiccup or two w their products.