Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Star and Fairplay (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   2010 star pictures (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=28311)

reganr 01-21-2010 11:43 AM

2010 star pictures

3 Attachment(s)
Attached are pictures of my lifted 2010 star cart. It appears to be a little better build quality than I was actually expecting. I would have liked to buy american, but there were no US options available locally that qualified for the tax credit when I order the cart in November, Trust me, I looked. Buying a cart that was not street legal was also not an option. After the tax credit, I will have a total of $2900 invested in the cart including Title, registration, and first years insurance. It is fully street legal and comes with two years warrenty serviced by the local dealer who sold the cart. My brother bought a used lifted EZGO 2 years ago (not street legal) for $3500 and within 1 year had to replace the controller and motor out of pocket because he had no warrenty. For me, this purchase made sense financially.

golfcarfixer 01-21-2010 11:50 AM

Re: 2010 star pictures

Welcome to BGW and thats a nice looking cart. I sold one just like it last year to a local farmer but it is a camo model thats not street legal. He has had it for a year with no problems and he uses it everyday.:thumbup:

YellowSled 01-21-2010 11:56 AM

very cool! Roof rack, fenders, guages... oh my!

Congrats on the purchase!

mikesmotortoys 01-21-2010 12:00 PM

How about a closer look at that lift kit! I'm not likiing the exposed tie rod and would like to see if there are any other options for you guys. I imagine that a Factory EZGO lift will be a very close match from previous pictures I've seen? Wish someone had one of these close to me so I could come up with a better system...

redriderno22 01-21-2010 12:14 PM

looks like a mix of a yami and a ez-go

reganr 01-21-2010 12:20 PM

The lift kit is from the factory. I too noticed that the rod is exposed before I purchased it, but my offroad use will be very limited. I'd be concerned with clearance for heavy offroad use though the rod itself is pretty heavily built. I'll try to get you better pics. It steers and brakes awesome with the 4 wheel hydraullics. Ride is a little bouncy, but I havent checked the tire pressure, so it may be that. Overall, like i said, I am pleasantlly suprised and impressed with the cart, it is more than I was expecting. Also, the lift, racks, gauges, mirrors, wipers, etc are standard on this model cart. The only option I ordered is the upgraded aluminum wheels, as the standard wheels are steel.

SpoiledRotten 01-21-2010 12:42 PM

Sweet!! You'll need a step ladder to put anything in that roof rack, which looks good, but still on the stock supports, so it's probably not going to carry much. Is the roof rack mostly for looks? I still haven't seen anyone carry anything in one yet. :dontknow:

Still a beautiful cart. :thumbup:

reganr 01-21-2010 12:50 PM

Forgot to mention, my neighbor ordered a Zone from their website (his is not lifted). I will give you guys an honest opinion on his as well when he recieves it. He's a little worried his may not be built as well as mine, as I ordered mine before the "rush".

reganr 01-21-2010 01:01 PM

You can actually stand on the tires to access the rack, It's not bad at all. I plan on carrying folding chairs, umbrella, beach towels, folding tent, etc from our camp to the beach access a half mile or so away. The rack is plenty strong enough for things like that. The roof support frames seem to be pretty heavy and there is a heavy support bar between the passanger and rear seats in addition to the full windshield frame eliminating any play up front. It's actually pretty sturdy. I would not put anything too heavy or tall though (like a loaded ice chest), as the top of the rack is already over 7' tall (wont' fit under my 7' utility shed door) and I worry about being top heavy at speed (cart does 23 mph). This is a big cart, it only has about 2" of total clearance in width and 6" in length when loaded on a 5x7 utility trailer!

TDOG 01-21-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reganr (Post 344723)
Attached are pictures of my lifted 2010 star cart. It appears to be a little better build quality than I was actually expecting. I would have liked to buy american, but there were no US options available locally that qualified for the tax credit when I order the cart in November, Trust me, I looked. Buying a cart that was not street legal was also not an option. After the rebate, I will have a total of $2900 invested in the cart including Title, registration, and first years insurance. It is fully street legal and comes with two years warrenty serviced by the local dealer who sold the cart. My brother bought a used lifted EZGO 2 years ago (not street legal) for $3500 and within 1 year had to replace the controller and motor out of pocket because he had no warrenty. For me, this purchase made sense financially.

You don't have a Club Car dealer in your area? They have had a LSV based on the Carryall out for some time and I believe they offered a car very similar to the Tomberlin E-merge in the last few months of last year. Botn of these cars would have quailified.