Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What is this ball bearing in my fuel bowl? Cart is a 91 yamaha g2 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=71147)

shortthrow50 10-04-2012 07:41 PM

What is this ball bearing in my fuel bowl? Cart is a 91 yamaha g2

Having a little hesitation at mid throttle when i punch it. Removed fuel bowl from my cart which is a carb i bought new from buggiesunlimited. Only thing i can think of is that it prevents sediment from going into tiny pin hole leading to drain valve on fuel bowl. Even so, i wouldnt think it would do crap for that hahah. Anyone seen this or know exactly what it is for or did it fall out of carb somewhere more important
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ersvt/ball.jpg

simple man 10-04-2012 07:45 PM

Re: What is this ball bearing in my fuel bowl? Cart is a 91 yamaha g2

Some automotive carbs use that bearing for a check valve in the accelerator pump circuit. I'm not familiar with your carb. Does it have an accelerator pump? :scratch:

shortthrow50 10-04-2012 07:52 PM

I dont know bro. I only know the basics of these carts

floridaracerx 10-04-2012 08:42 PM

sometimes to plug an unused orifice they put a ball in there and then crimp or peen the end of it to keep the ball in.. same thing for "check ball" valve they peen the end of orifice over so the ball stays in..

look closely in bottom of carb for such spot??

shortthrow50 10-04-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridaracerx (Post 785068)
sometimes to plug an unused orifice they put a ball in there and then crimp or peen the end of it to keep the ball in.. same thing for "check ball" valve they peen the end of orifice over so the ball stays in..

look closely in bottom of carb for such spot??

I do see said spot where the drain is inside ball. Thanks. I'll strike this off as everything is ok then. Thanks guys

OregonMike 10-05-2012 12:38 AM

Been having the same problem... elt me know if you get it worked out, and what it was please! Thanks in advance...

Mike

shortthrow50 10-05-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OregonMike (Post 785147)
Been having the same problem... elt me know if you get it worked out, and what it was please! Thanks in advance...

Mike

Ok. I removed the jet after I removed the bowl. I gonna spay carb cleaner all throughout the carb. I'm thinking something got in carb. I'll let you know

smallblock450sl 10-05-2012 07:01 PM

I have never seen a ball in the float bowel...and there aren't any in the parts brakedown, seems some Korean was playing a joke.

smallblock450sl 10-05-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OregonMike (Post 785147)

Mike

On another topic..Mike, It's going to be a noisey night tommarrow, hope my Huskies can stay in the game with your Duck's, but then, both teams need to worry about the Beavers this year.

OregonMike 10-05-2012 10:25 PM

I know.... I really think, if the Ducks continue winning, the Civil War game could be VERY interesting! Especially now that the Beavers are in the top 20... just have to wait and see if they stay there.

My wife went to the U or O and I lived up there and was a reserve officer for EPD, but most of her family are either Cougs or Dogs.... so the e-mails tend to fly as well!