Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Tomberlin (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Not sure what coil springs to use? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=33127)

Golfcartgirl09 05-17-2010 10:51 AM

Not sure what coil springs to use?

Hi everyone. I have a tomberlin E2 with a rear facing seat kit and a lift kit. The springs from the lift kit are to soft and it is bottming out and rubbing on the tire. I recieved blue springs and they are to short but seem to be the right weight. The problem is I do not know what the weight of these blue springs are, can anyone help me? Are springs color cordinated by weight? I need some suggestions please.
Thanks,

UPWcarts 07-11-2010 07:27 PM

Re: Not sure what coil springs to use?

Hey hows it going, don't worry we are working on creating some new coils to replace the stock coils. They will be available for your lifted cart to prevent it from rubbing on the fender aswell as stock tomberlin cart owners who just want to improve the ride.

For our 2010 lift kit we just use the stock coils, and they are perfectly sufficient when working with a E2 but once you add the rear facing seat kit the added weight of two additional passengers is too much. I was of the understanding that the rear facing seat kit came with upgraded coils as your cart squats the same lifted or not its just with the larger tire you notice it now. Unfortunately it does not appear the rear facing seat kits come with upgraded coils.

But we will have new coils for you shortly, we should be doing some testing this week and next to tryout different rates to improve the stock ride and the lifted ride.

If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to shoot me an email John@uniqueperformancemarine.com

Thanks John

baddmann 10-15-2010 07:36 AM

Re: Not sure what coil springs to use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfcartgirl09 (Post 406715)
Hi everyone. I have a tomberlin E2 with a rear facing seat kit and a lift kit. The springs from the lift kit are to soft and it is bottming out and rubbing on the tire. I recieved blue springs and they are to short but seem to be the right weight. The problem is I do not know what the weight of these blue springs are, can anyone help me? Are springs color cordinated by weight? I need some suggestions please.
Thanks,

I put the blue coil-overs on mine and they work, but they are too short. The cart actually sits about 7/8" lower in the rear. Looks retarded, but it doesn't bottom out now...

Any update on an aftermarket fix?