Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Alltrax Contoller on Stock CC motor?? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=4852)

huntingcart 05-09-2008 11:05 PM

Alltrax Contoller on Stock CC motor??

I was told I could install an upgraded Alltrax 500 amp controller on a 2006 DS CC IQ stock motor and just program the controller down to 400 amps until I upgrade motor? Has anyone done this? Who has the best price on Alltrax contollers?

One more question.......Who has the best price on Trojan Batteries?

Thanks!

Grandpa & Grandma 05-13-2008 06:33 PM

Re: Alltrax Contoller on Stock CC motor??

I just did the same upgrade. 500 amp DCX Alltrax controller and stock motor. I would start at 300 amps since your stock motor is running with a Curtiss controller at about 250 amps. My plan is to upgrade wires then solenoid then motor. With a tire upgrade to 20.5's which should work without a lift. I shopped hard and long and finally went with D&D they had the best price.

Grandpa & Grandma
Ray & Celeste
See where we are: Datastorm Location #1604
No matter where we go – There we are!

P.S. I hope giving the name of the vendor does not get anyone upset.

huntingcart 05-14-2008 10:41 AM

Did you notice an increase in speed or torque? How much?

Grandpa & Grandma 05-14-2008 07:49 PM

Small increase in both. If you are still in the program mode that Club Car puts in "stock" cars the improvement will be greater than mine. My cart was programmed in the "private mode" by the CC dealer. I also regained pedal up braking which is disabled in CC "private mode". I may program an increase to 350 amps BUT remember that stock motor can only handle so much.

Ted4Alltrax 07-01-2020 03:06 PM

The best deal for Alltrax Inc controllers(new) -that I know of- can be found at EV Drives. contacts name is Carl and his number is area code three six zero 302 5 two two 6.

Sergio 07-01-2020 03:12 PM

This is a 12 year old thread, I am sure he bought a Controller by now :lol:...

Are You with Alltrax?

mgray70 07-01-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio (Post 1736199)
This is a 12 year old thread, I am sure he bought a Controller by now [emoji38]...

Are You with Alltrax?

[emoji23][emoji23] the OP hasn't posted since 2011.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ted4Alltrax 07-09-2020 03:26 PM

Yes sir I am, and thanks! I did see the date but I figured any question that has been asked once will likely be asked again. plus I figured any plug is a good plug! www.alltraxinc.com

Sergio 07-09-2020 03:31 PM

That vendor is not a sponsor in this site and there are other vendors here that promote and sell lots of your products, I would think that Alltrax would remain more neutral in these matters.

Out2Sea 07-09-2020 06:08 PM

If you are the ear of the company, then I’m curious. How many amps for a GE motor and also for aThe ACD motor so as not to burn them out? What parameters are set in the Alltrax toolkit to hit those target Amps?

As a sidebar ? Does it make sense to have less battery amps then armature amps in your controller? Since you took the time might as well do some teaching.