Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2012 built txt48 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177582)

Ransom276 07-13-2021 05:14 PM

2012 built txt48

Hey guys I’m at a lose right now with my cart. Built the cart month or so ago. Only thing not new on cart is frame. New Alltrax xct 48500 new D&D high torque motor. 400 amp solenoid. 1/0 wire from motor and batteries. Problem I’m having is d&d field map got the cart to 21 mph but throttle was to jerky. Alltrax field map was smooth but only got cart to 15 mph. I know it’s built more for pulling and not speed but 21 is a good all around speed for cart. Now my problem is I have no codes but I cannot get a signal to return back to controller from ITS. Have 10.43 volts on white wire and black wire which Alltrax said is within range. However when you press pedal I have no drop on white wire which lead tech from Alltrax to think ITS was bad. I had 4 new ITS on shelf and put everyone in it and still same results. I’m lost. What else can I check to rule out ITS before I send controller back to have checked out?? Thank you for your help and input.

JohnnieB 07-13-2021 07:08 PM

Re: 2012 built txt48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransom276 (Post 1838431)
Hey guys I’m at a lose right now with my cart. Built the cart month or so ago. Only thing not new on cart is frame. New Alltrax xct 48500 new D&D high torque motor. 400 amp solenoid. 1/0 wire from motor and batteries. Problem I’m having is d&d field map got the cart to 21 mph but throttle was to jerky. Alltrax field map was smooth but only got cart to 15 mph. I know it’s built more for pulling and not speed but 21 is a good all around speed for cart. Now my problem is I have no codes but I cannot get a signal to return back to controller from ITS. Have 10.43 volts on white wire and black wire which Alltrax said is within range. However when you press pedal I have no drop on white wire which lead tech from Alltrax to think ITS was bad. I had 4 new ITS on shelf and put everyone in it and still same results. I’m lost. What else can I check to rule out ITS before I send controller back to have checked out?? Thank you for your help and input.

There ought to be about 10V BETWEEN the black and white wires with pedal up and about 6V with pedal down.

Are you saying you are getting 10.43V on white wire and 10.43V on the black wire (two separate voltage readings) with the voltmeter referenced to B- at battery pack?

If so, there is a dead short across the ITS sensor.

-----------------

What is the D&D motor's model#?

What do the field amps drop to at top speed on level pavement with the D&D Field Map and what do they drop to with the Alltrax Field Map?

What is the tire height?

Ransom276 07-14-2021 06:58 AM

Johnie b it was bad black wire going to ITS. I replaced it and it’s working correctly now. The field map from Alltrax goes up to 21/22 mph now as well. Not sure why one would and one would get to that speed because of a bad wire. You would think it would have the same affect on both field maps. Now I’m trying to get it smooth all across throttle curve. It’s not bad but there is one spot about half throttle it kicks another gear and takes off like a rocket. Lol

JohnnieB 07-14-2021 10:28 AM

Should have effected bot the same. Maybe just a coincidence.

Glad to hear you solved the problem.