Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   pullin the drum off (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=1540)

caddymankc 08-29-2007 07:32 PM

pullin the drum off

how do u pull the drum off i know how much it was a pain in the butt on my chrysler, any tips on how i got no right brakes:help:

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 08-29-2007 07:44 PM

Re: pullin the drum off

Get a torch handy with some PB B'laster. :thumbup: Tungpo has a way he does it that seems to work pretty good.

tungpo1 08-30-2007 05:09 AM

No No has the right idea, just tap the drum all the way around to loosen up all the dust, it will come off with a little elbow grease!!!!!!!

floorin04 08-30-2007 07:06 PM

I also tap the whole way around the drum and sometimes treated it like a steering wheel to get them off.

Hint on the chrysler
Make sure you back the brake pads off to.That is a great help!!!!!(take the dust cover off and use a screw driver to rotate the gear)and no cussing chryslers they are very sensitive to name calling

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 08-30-2007 07:23 PM

They're very sensitive to driving too, that's why you see so many sitting beside the road. :-D

caddymankc 08-30-2007 07:33 PM

we backed the brakes all the way off but a 43 year old car thats been a daily driver for all those years!!!they were almost welded on.and they are sensitive to name calling goin down the highway goin 80 the muffler started fallin off but stayed there for the 100 miles each way.383 big block no muffler is LOUD

ruredy 08-30-2007 08:37 PM

I believe the pro's use a slide pull (big dent puller) to remove hubs, most others use a BFH and beat them off

floorin04 08-30-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddymankc (Post 25669)
we backed the brakes all the way off but a 43 year old car thats been a daily driver for all those years!!!they were almost welded on.and they are sensitive to name calling goin down the highway goin 80 the muffler started fallin off but stayed there for the 100 miles each way.383 big block no muffler is LOUD

the awesome memories of a no exhaust 383:thumbup:

Larry L 09-09-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! (Post 25666)
They're very sensitive to driving too, that's why you see so many sitting beside the road. :-D

:lol: Ohhh, that one hurt! But, a fairly accurate description of this HIGHLY OVERATED Hemi powered P.U. I'm now driving!!:banghead:

caddymankc 09-13-2007 09:02 PM

get a diesel then you wont have no problems