Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Maintenance mode (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3633)

ake01 02-25-2008 01:26 PM

Maintenance mode

How do I get my 01 gas Club Car into maintenance mode? I just got the cart and I didn't get a owners manual with it. I have one ordered. I just don't feel like waiting for it to get here.

oldman 02-25-2008 06:03 PM

Re: Maintenance mode

Lift up the seat look on the back side of the shifter.
Theirs a white knob as you move the shifter from F to R you
can see it activate the micro switches.
Pull the knob out and turn it 180 degrees now it will start in neutral
and not in F or R

Have Fun

JB

ake01 02-25-2008 09:19 PM

Thanks for the help. That worked great. Now I can do a little fine tuning:thumbup:

oldman 02-26-2008 07:55 AM

It's a great anti-theft device also
All cc keys are the same
Not many people know about maintenance mode.

mjrowley 08-30-2009 01:59 AM

OR you can take the green and black wires and use a fuse to connect them.

vzdude 06-05-2010 04:18 PM

Very good info!

stangcrzy 06-05-2010 07:05 PM

I cable tied one of the mircoswitches in there, so it idles while shifting and I dont have to worry about turning the little knob

crash12888 06-08-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangcrzy (Post 414254)
I cable tied one of the mircoswitches in there, so it idles while shifting and I dont have to worry about turning the little knob

It is a safety feature!
Not picking on you stangcrzy or anyone else but you'll realize why it's there when you are bent over the engine compartment with it running and you bump the shifter into forward or reverse.

These things start and stop way to easy to have them stay running, just my opinion........

rib33024 06-08-2010 04:59 AM

Have a good one guys--:thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangcrzy (Post 414254)

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!

shadowman 06-08-2010 10:10 AM

i have to agree its so easy to put in maintence mode i would take that cable off......golf carts do hurt if they run you over...........................8)