Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric golf carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bombardier NEV owner exchange (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=42020)

NEVerland 05-22-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Got the rental programmer the other day and between the four Bomb's in our neighborhood got 3 of them (later models) to this point:
All top speed at 33-34MPH- just maxed out the programmer to 100%
Checked cruise amperage and runs 60-70% once you get up to speed.
Dropped Braking to 10. Might be able to run that up a bit more
Dropped acceleration rate to 0 on one and .2 on another so as to avoid 'clunking'.

The oldest of the Bombs will not connect to the Programmer properly "Error Communiting with Controller" comes up and the menu is limited. Think we have to figure out the jumper to get into the service mode on this on. The later model Bombs did not need any jumper.

The addition of 7 MPH is really nice.

By the way the cluster is WAY inaccurate. Showed almost full discharge after 10.4 miles and the programmer shows 70 volts left in the pack. Going to full charge and reset the cluster to see if that gets the cluster accurate.

Kmcmorris 05-23-2012 10:05 AM

The older bombs can be put in service mode with the black 4 pin connector under cup holder, lower left right by molex connector . 2 wires are already connected together, connect 1 of those to one of the other individual wires, one "jump" will reset cluster, the other puts it in service mode, you will know by fuel gauge having an odd dot lit up.

40flash 05-23-2012 10:15 AM

Thanks for that on the jumper. We will try it. My mother in law owns the older one.
I'm having a hesitation problem with my 2000 model. When I let off the gas and roll to a stop or just slow a litle and then re-apply the throttle there is a 2-4 second delay before it will kick in and accelerate again. The programmer recognizes full throttle but it won't kick in and go for the 3-4 seconds. Any ideas what to check next?

NEVerland 05-23-2012 10:21 AM

Re: Cluster re-set / service mode

Tried to reset the cluster by pulling the 40amp fuse after a full charge but nothing happened. Will do the jumper routine to reset tonight after a full charge... the plug you speak about is very evident right next to the Molex. Should be easy to jump. Thanks!

Kmcmorris 05-23-2012 04:15 PM

40flash.. Did you use a programmer? There is a delay setting you may have changed, I played with this also, I will go back to some pictures I took and see which one it was. I reset mine to 0 so there is no lag in throttle response. It can be set up to a few seconds delay.

40flash 05-23-2012 04:41 PM

Yes, We did use the programmer and we still have it if we need to use it again. We set mine to zero as you suggest and it now says zero but the hesitation is still there. We then used the clone feature on the programmer to copy the exact program parameters of my friend's Bomb, (He is Neverland on this site). We transfered his set-up to mine and all the paramerters seem to have transferred correctly but it didn't cure the hesitation.

By the way, jumpering the black connector on my mother in laws 1997 didn't get us into service mode. It shows the odd fuel gauge reading but the error code 14 - line 3349 still appears on the programer and it won't let us into the controller to change any settings.

Kmcmorris 05-23-2012 06:22 PM

If I remember right, you had to put the bomb into service mode before you connect the programmer, it will not connect to the controller if already plugged in, I think it was, key on, jump to service mode, then connect programmer, mine is made in July 98. It also might have been connect service mode jumpers, then key on, then programmer. I remember having issues getting it to connect also..

Kmcmorris 05-23-2012 06:23 PM

Is the hesitation there in all ranges? Ie golf,drive, reverse?

Ramjett 06-07-2012 05:31 PM

I have a 1997 nev and I need the battery tray dimensions. I am replacing the ES27 and the new ones are 12 3/4 length. Will they fit as the first Champion battery Ireplaced was 12 inches.
Rodger

Ramjett 06-14-2012 09:28 AM

Does anyone know of a 12" battery that will fit in the nev. All I can find in 150AH @ 20 hrs is 8 3/4 in length and will not fit?