Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Eco Battery Issue (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=186441)

Pupi305 08-27-2022 10:32 PM

Eco Battery Issue

Hello BGW,

I finished the install on my 2016 CCP, I installed a Navitas 600 amp controller with HD solenoid and 48v/105ah Eco battery. I put it to charger and it’s been charging since 8pm eastern. I just went outside and noticed the charger kicking on and off. Is that normal?

On a side note, my gauge was working earlier it is now completely off and it doesn’t have no buttons to wake it up as it seems to be on “sleep mode”. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Shanky 08-28-2022 05:37 AM

Re: Eco Battery Issue

Call Customer Service and let them know. I have the same issues, but the battery itself works fine. I have been told it is a BMS software issue which will be addressed either by the upcoming APP, or a BMS update tool at the dealers. No promise date yet from ECO, but they advise to keep battery charged if the gauge is not working. BTW, the gauge will “come back to life” periodically. Also, if you have access to the back of the gauge, unplugging the smaller wire and plugging back in will wake up the gauge for a while.

Regarding the charging, mine only does the “on and off” periodically that I have noticed. (I think my battery power switch was off when I had the Charger on / off issues, but I am not sure.). Probably only happened a half dozen times in 3 months. This was happening at full charge at end of cycle.

Pupi305 08-28-2022 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanky (Post 1906267)
Call Customer Service and let them know. I have the same issues, but the battery itself works fine. I have been told it is a BMS software issue which will be addressed either by the upcoming APP, or a BMS update tool at the dealers. No promise date yet from ECO, but they advise to keep battery charged if the gauge is not working. BTW, the gauge will “come back to life” periodically. Also, if you have access to the back of the gauge, unplugging the smaller wire and plugging back in will wake up the gauge for a while.

Regarding the charging, mine only does the “on and off” periodically that I have noticed. (I think my battery power switch was off when I had the Charger on / off issues, but I am not sure.). Probably only happened a half dozen times in 3 months. This was happening at full charge at end of cycle.

Thank you for this information! Are you suppose to charge the battery with the switch on? Instructions are pretty vague. I also want to ask if for example I am at the camp ground riding around all day do I leave the battery switch on and turn it off at the end of the night or if I am stopped for a long period of time should I shut it off? I hope they get the dealer app soon I have been hearing a lot about it. Don’t want to have to take my cart to a certified dealer everytime for an update.

Shanky 08-28-2022 08:31 AM

I think you can leave the battery switch on all the time except when planning to be gone for an extended period or when working on the electrical.

Nutshell 08-28-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pupi305 (Post 1906260)
Hello BGW,

I finished the install on my 2016 CCP, I installed a Navitas 600 amp controller with HD solenoid and 48v/105ah Eco battery. I put it to charger and it’s been charging since 8pm eastern. I just went outside and noticed the charger kicking on and off. Is that normal?

On a side note, my gauge was working earlier it is now completely off and it doesn’t have no buttons to wake it up as it seems to be on “sleep mode”. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I had the same issue. If you disconnect power to your voltage reducer, this stops. I installed a relay from my key switch that cuts power to my reducer. No issues since.

Tom47 08-28-2022 08:43 AM

You can PM member Dallas@EcoBattery with any questions. He usually responds quickly M-F.

thenaz007 08-28-2022 09:31 AM

How did you install the relay from your key switch to turn off your controller? My new ecoBattery voltage reducer harness comes with a long orange "key on" wire but no instructions...?

jws2010CC 08-28-2022 09:40 AM

Hi. Are you charging in tow or run? Shanky is correct by unplugging and plugging the smaller 4pin/two wire connection only, to wake the meter. I also think these are designed to “float charge” once they reach 100% after a longer charge.
My setup, when fully charged and plugged in, never drops below 99% and only kicks on every few hours or so to show 100% for several mins.
I leave the battery’s power button on at all times and have only turned it off for doing maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thenaz007 08-28-2022 09:50 AM

I have only charged it once, so far, and did it in Tow with the battery button turned off. I did not hook up the voltage reducer yet until I figure out what to do with the new orange "key on" wire.

I did notice the charger kicking on and off once the battery was charged, but the gage said 100% so I unplugged it and test drove fine.

Shanky 08-28-2022 10:15 AM

I have the newer voltage reducer with harness and orange wire. I have the orange wire connected to key switch so it is off when key is off. I still have the gauge problem anyway.