Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   gas club car runs but won't move (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=118136)

rookie76 05-11-2016 09:57 PM

gas club car runs but won't move

I have a 04 gas club car motor runs but barely moves forward or backwards

Springbok 05-12-2016 06:19 AM

Re: gas club car runs but won't move

Pop the seat and watch the drive belt with the motor running. Does it rise up in the drive clutch (front clutch, on the motor) and sink down into the driven clutch (rear clutch, on the axle) as the motor speeds up?

rookie76 05-12-2016 06:55 AM

The drive belt does raise up in the front drive clutch but does not go down in the driven clutch. Thanks for the reply.

rookie76 05-12-2016 10:07 AM

Been messing around with cart took plate off over carb if I pull the cable that hooks to top of carb it will get up to speed and both clutches open and cart goes fine what would be fix.

Springbok 05-12-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookie76 (Post 1273407)
Been messing around with cart took plate off over carb if I pull the cable that hooks to top of carb it will get up to speed and both clutches open and cart goes fine what would be fix.

Not sure what you're saying here. Define "cart goes fine". Are you saying that with the (unspecified) cable removed, the cart runs and drives fine?

meimk 05-12-2016 08:24 PM

Does the "cable that hooks to top of carb" move when you step on the gas pedal? I'm wondering if the engine is really running or is it just turning over on the starter? If the cable from the pedal to the governor, or from the governor to the carb break it will just crank the starter but not open the carb any to give it enough gas to actually run.

RED 92CC GAS 05-12-2016 09:09 PM

Sounds like cable ls stuck try oiling cable . move lt to break it loose.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Springbok 05-13-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meimk (Post 1273664)
I'm wondering if the engine is really running or is it just turning over on the starter? If the cable from the pedal to the governor, or from the governor to the carb break it will just crank the starter but not open the carb any to give it enough gas to actually run.

I don't know that this would be the case...he did say that the belt rose in the drive clutch, which probably wouldn't happen if it was just turning over and not starting.

BigBlockMan 05-13-2016 03:09 PM

Sounds like one of the two throttle cables is not working or broken.

DakotaEight 05-14-2016 09:23 AM

Make sure your belt is in specs along with your secondary sheaves and that the sliding sheave in the secondary clutch isnt binding. Your belt could also have to much slack.