Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   E-Z-GO Textron Battery Charger (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=6180)

DougDutton 07-06-2008 01:33 AM

E-Z-GO Textron Battery Charger

Wow what a great site! I negotiated a E-Z-Go Golf cart with the purchase of my new home. The cart was working fine but the charge just stopped working.
I don't think I ever heard of a battery charger going bad so abruptly but I think the problem may be simple. The relay on the circuit board has power going in but nothing coming out. Do these relays go bad? Are they integral to the circuit board? Can these boards be obtained?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

scottyb 07-06-2008 07:28 AM

Re: Resistor to controller

Yes circut boards and relays are avilable. If the charger is a late model, one that shuts off automatically? Then it will also need to see a certain amount of voltage to start. It could be that your batteries are too low for the charger to see. You will need a volt meter to check......Welcome to BGW

PS:
Forum ediquite requests you start your own thread to ask a new question. Tagging a new question onto the end of someone elses topic is ineffective as not all members will see it and it is considered 'hijacking' the thread. So go ahead and go to the ezgo electric section and post any questions you have in a new thread:thumbup:

roady89 07-06-2008 11:10 AM

Re: E-Z-GO Textron Battery Charger

The boards can be bought. If you jump the 2 wires that connect to the relay the charger will come on...but it won't shut off unless you unplug the charger. All the relay does is close the circuit. It doesn't provide power to anything.

The relays themselves can be bought I believe. You need de-soldering and soldering skills.

rusty 07-06-2008 11:21 AM

Welcome to the forum DougDutton.................

DougDutton 07-06-2008 08:21 PM

Thanks for all of the friendly replies. After further reading on the forum from various posts, I was able to determine that my problem was insufficient battery voltage. I put my charger all back together and hooked it to the cart along with a trickle charger across two of the batteries and lo and behold the charger kicked on. "That was easy"

Many thanks to all who posted and the purveyors of this site.:8)

scottyb 07-06-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougDutton (Post 77739)
"That was easy"

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougDutton (Post 77739)

Many thanks to all who posted and the purveyors of this site.:8)

:thumbup:WELCOME TO BGW!!!!:thumbup: