Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97696)

TahoeDawgZ71 11-07-2017 07:45 PM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

You're welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jobber104 11-14-2017 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my eye on a 2009 Precedent IQ (PQ- prefix on Serial #). It's not a local cart, so I haven't actually set eyes on it myself. How do I (or ask the owner to) determine whether it has TPS or has been converted to MCOR setup?

Let me preface by saying I don't even know what the MCOR is, what it does, where it is in the cart, and how big of an issue this really is. But the first post on this sticky caught my attention as it relates to the 2009 CCs.

The cart meets all my other requirements for color, add-ons, condition, etc. So after reading this thread, now I'm just trying to measure my risk on this cart as it relates to this issue I'm unfamiliar with.

For what it's worth, I believe it has a Gen1 Pedal (see attached pic) and I do plan to do the motor magnet speed adjustment as I did on my last CC (a 2004 Villager 4 and provided detailed write-up here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ce-result.html).

Thanks for any insights!

TahoeDawgZ71 11-15-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobber104 (Post 1450587)
I have my eye on a 2009 Precedent IQ (PQ- prefix on Serial #). It's not a local cart, so I haven't actually set eyes on it myself. How do I (or ask the owner to) determine whether it has TPS or has been converted to MCOR setup?

Let me preface by saying I don't even know what the MCOR is, what it does, where it is in the cart, and how big of an issue this really is. But the first post on this sticky caught my attention as it relates to the 2009 CCs.

The cart meets all my other requirements for color, add-ons, condition, etc. So after reading this thread, now I'm just trying to measure my risk on this cart as it relates to this issue I'm unfamiliar with.

For what it's worth, I believe it has a Gen1 Pedal (see attached pic) and I do plan to do the motor magnet speed adjustment as I did on my last CC (a 2004 Villager 4 and provided detailed write-up here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ce-result.html).

Thanks for any insights!

The Motor Controller Output Regulator (MCOR) is a throttle device that is used to communicate to the controller. It works a lot like a dimmer switch on a light. The MCOR is attached directly to the base of the accelerator pedal and has an internal knob that twists when you apply throttle. The further you press on the pedal, the more it twists and the more throttle is applied. Based on your photograph you have the Gen 1 pedal assembly. There is no way it has a TPS, as the TPS will not fit on this pedal. The only one that will fit on a Gen 1 pedal is an MCOR2. If it's working fine, leave it alone. Symptoms of a bad MCOR are jerky, hesitant operation and inability maintain a steady speed.

Jobber104 11-15-2017 01:38 AM

Thanks for the reply, David. That helps a lot. Although I have yet to see the cart in person, your assessment gives me confidence. I was unclear as to whether having the Gen1 pedal assembly meant that there's still a possibility for having the TPS. Since you're rules that out based on the photo, I'm feeling much more comfortable about this cart. Thanks again and look forward to ordering another motor magnet and possibly other items from you soon. -J

Chams 12-31-2017 08:25 PM

I have a 2008 Precedent that i bought used about a year ago. (serial shows PH0813-xxxxxx) A couple of months ago it started having some of the same problems described in this thread. As it accelerates if I push the pedal down too far it stops, if I let up on the pedal a little it starts to go again. It seems to have the same speed as it used to, I just have to accelerate slowly. Throttle seems to be die at about 2/3 of the way down. I changed the MCOR2 and the speed sensor, but neither made any difference. I think it had a TPS conversion because it has that small black box with connectors at each end with 2 connectors going into the MCOR2 as shown in picture 3 of this thread.

net 12-31-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chams (Post 1463966)
I have a 2008 Precedent that i bought used about a year ago. (serial shows PH0813-xxxxxx) A couple of months ago it started having some of the same problems described in this thread. As it accelerates if I push the pedal down too far it stops, if I let up on the pedal a little it starts to go again. It seems to have the same speed as it used to, I just have to accelerate slowly. Throttle seems to be die at about 2/3 of the way down. I changed the MCOR2 and the speed sensor, but neither made any difference. I think it had a TPS conversion because it has that small black box with connectors at each end with 2 connectors going into the MCOR2 as shown in picture 3 of this thread.

All the presedent club car has the same problem with mcor.
Replace it.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

Chams 01-04-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by net (Post 1463970)
All the presedent club car has the same problem with mcor.
Replace it.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

As I stated in my question, I already replaced it.

BNB1023 01-21-2018 05:16 PM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly DESCRIPTION?

Before I make the mistake...By looking at the picture,I believe I have the Group 2 pedal, but have problems really telling the difference except that the accelerator pedal is ribbed. Is that the difference we are supposed to see? Mine is ribbed, thanks.
Mine is a 2009, so I will pull the cover and look before I order.

TahoeDawgZ71 01-22-2018 08:47 AM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly DESCRIPTION?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNB1023 (Post 1469385)
Before I make the mistake...By looking at the picture,I believe I have the Group 2 pedal, but have problems really telling the difference except that the accelerator pedal is ribbed. Is that the difference we are supposed to see? Mine is ribbed, thanks.
Mine is a 2009, so I will pull the cover and look before I order.

A ribbed pedal is a Gen 2.

lcmedic39 05-22-2018 02:15 PM

I have a 97 48V DS. What would I have?