Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where to get better battery cables (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3005)

wish2fish 01-01-2008 07:07 PM

Where to get better battery cables

I was cleaning my batteries yesterday and notice a few of the connectors were starting to get eaten up by the corrosion. One looks like it is missing half of its size. Where do I get new cables of larger guage? Do I replace the cables between the batteries only or do I replace the cables to the controller as well?

I really don't want to make my own.

buckmanmike 01-01-2008 07:57 PM

Re: Where to get better battery cables

That other buggie site sells them, but why not make your own. Cheaper and you can route the wires where you want them. The best prices to make your own that I have found was weldingsupply.com. They have a good price on the crimper tool (hammer crimper) too.

roady89 01-01-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckmanmike (Post 46183)
That other buggie site sells them,

Follow this link....IMO these are waaaaaaaay better.

4 gauge battery cables

wish2fish 01-01-2008 08:28 PM

Roady,
that links states for "non dcs and pds models". Are there sets for the PDS?

roady89 01-01-2008 08:37 PM

OOps....To be honest...I haven't seen any for a DCS or PDS.

buckmanmike 01-01-2008 10:20 PM

I made my own cables for 48 conversion with fittings and buying crimping tool for less than $100 and have tool and cable left over for future needs.

buckmanmike 01-01-2008 10:29 PM

Difference in PDS and others is number of cables. If you make your own, just pull one off and make an identical, and then progress to the next one.

gornoman 01-01-2008 10:57 PM

Currently these high performance cable kits are only available for the 36 volt Medalist and TXT Model E-Z-GO Golf Carts and the 48 volt DS Model Club Car Golf Carts, more kits will follow. If you need a 4 gauge cable kit in the meanwhile, please call us at 1-800-328-1953 with the measurements of all the wires needed and we will custom make this kit for you.

roady89 01-02-2008 06:13 AM

Who's number is that gorno?

wish2fish 01-02-2008 11:43 AM

well, I may try to make my own with those solder on cables ends. I'll start looking for the supplies.

Thanks for you help.