Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Belt slipping (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=181295)

gordy420 12-12-2021 05:48 PM

Belt slipping

1 Attachment(s)
Belt slips at mid to full throttle then grabs then slips again. Rear clutch brand new, also brand new belt....Any ideas?
P S Im aware of missing pulley bolt. Took bolt out hoping to get clutch off, no luck. Ordered the puller

cartdoc1969 12-12-2021 06:08 PM

Re: Belt slipping

Can you take a picture looking straight down at the clutch ? The wear and rust pattern looks odd.

gordy420 12-12-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 (Post 1866371)
Can you take a picture looking straight down at the clutch ? The wear and rust pattern looks odd.

I thought the same about wear pattern. I will snap a few pics in about hour

gordy420 12-12-2021 07:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 (Post 1866371)

Need a different view let me know. Thanks

slonomo 12-12-2021 09:45 PM

It appears your clutch isn't closing all the way. Also the housing looks warped to me, not sure if that's the case or not. If it were me I'd be removing the clutch and taking the cover off to check the pucks etc. That's an aftermarket puck style clutch modeled after the Comet Duster 94c, commonly found as a replacement for G1, G2, G9 carts. Not sure which cart you have?

Have you ever had the cart running and shifting properly? Or has it always done this? What's your top speed on the cart?

gordy420 12-12-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slonomo (Post 1866407)
It appears your clutch isn't closing all the way. Also the housing looks warped to me, not sure if that's the case or not. If it were me I'd be removing the clutch and taking the cover off to check the pucks etc. That's an aftermarket puck style clutch modeled after the Comet Duster 94c, commonly found as a replacement for G1, G2, G9 carts. Not sure which cart you have?

Have you ever had the cart running and shifting properly? Or has it always done this? What's your top speed on the cart?

Just got it running. Been sitting quite awhile. Yamaha G2. J38 engine. No clue about the history of it. I got a puller on the way

cartdoc1969 12-13-2021 04:44 AM

Looks like it's time for a new clutch.

Dave in VA 12-13-2021 07:05 AM

One side of the clutch is clean/shiny, the other side is rusty...:scratch:

dghal 12-13-2021 12:18 PM

Your sheaves should be clean and shiney,

That rust and stuff needs to be polished off the surfaces,
Most likely from sitting as you said they have oxidized up a bit,

Scotch brite pad will work take some of that off,

Dghal

Dave in VA 12-13-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dghal (Post 1866459)
Your sheaves should be clean and shiney,

That rust and stuff needs to be polished off the surfaces,
Most likely from sitting as you said they have oxidized up a bit,

Scotch brite pad will work take some of that off,

Dghal

The belt has apparently cleaned one of the sheaves, but not the other. That, to me, seems very odd...