Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   a spring and a ball bearing fell out of my rear end (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=45655)

jstay 03-18-2011 07:54 PM

a spring and a ball bearing fell out of my rear end

I have a 1996 txt that i just finished a valve job on and decided to change the rear gear oil.. (No service manual for the rear end just the motor). Anyways i picked what i thought would be the most likely bolt for the drain plug. I was wrong because when i took out the bolt i felt something fall out of the hole and when i looked down i saw a small spring and a ball bearing under my cart. Does anyone have a diagram for a 1996 txt? or maybe just knows what this is for. all the diagrams i found online are for different years and do not show this. If it helps the bolt was bottom toward the front (motor) on the right hand side.

Sorry for the title but thought i may get a little more views this way :lol:

scottyb 03-18-2011 08:04 PM

Re: a spring and a ball bearing fell out of my rear end

You would have gotten a lot more views if you called it free beer or bare breasts ...

jstay 03-18-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 537014)
You would have gotten a lot more views if you called it free beer or bare breasts ...

lol. i wish i could edit the title to add that but on a side note, i got you to look

scottyb 03-18-2011 08:27 PM

A quick look at the exploded view doesn't show it but I would just put it back... ball first then spring and don't do that again :mrgreen:

jstay 03-18-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 537031)
A quick look at the exploded view doesn't show it but I would just put it back... ball first then spring and don't do that again :mrgreen:

thanks for the response. thats what i did. The problem im having is just not knowing. the last thing i want to do is screw up the rear end with a ball bearing floating in my gears.

madoc1 03-18-2011 08:33 PM

thanks j, that is best laugh i had today! hope you don't mind.:thumbup:

pachanga90 03-19-2011 08:27 AM

You know when you post something that way,people will look!:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Texas001 03-19-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstay (Post 537008)
I have a 1996 txt that i just finished a valve job on and decided to change the rear gear oil.. (No service manual for the rear end just the motor). Anyways i picked what i thought would be the most likely bolt for the drain plug. I was wrong because when i took out the bolt i felt something fall out of the hole and when i looked down i saw a small spring and a ball bearing under my cart. Does anyone have a diagram for a 1996 txt? or maybe just knows what this is for. all the diagrams i found online are for different years and do not show this. If it helps the bolt was bottom toward the front (motor) on the right hand side.

Sorry for the title but thought i may get a little more views this way :lol:

At first glance I was going to tell you post this question on a proctologist forum but then I saw 1996 TXT and I realized it was another kind of rear end problem.

pachanga90 03-19-2011 10:25 AM

:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

jstay 03-19-2011 01:13 PM

I know having a spring fall out of your rear end is a funny topic but someone has to know about this or am i the only dumba@@ out there that has removed this bolt. To be honest im not even 100% sure that both spring and ball bearing fell out. Kinda reached in removed the bolt and has expecting oil instead instead i got a glimpse of something falling out and hit my hand.

I Didnt know what it was until i looked down and seen the spring. On the second look i seen the ball bearing. Did the ball bearing come from the rear end or not. Im assuming yes because dont beleive it was there when i started the project. So i just crammed it back up my rear end bearing first then the spring. ( theres me being funny again) someone has to be able to help with this topic. By the way cart seems to run and ride great. Just still concerned that i did the wrong thing. Just cant picture what a sping and bearing would do