Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Star and Fairplay (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   07 Star wiring schematic needed (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=126235)

bayoubuggy2 01-20-2017 09:07 AM

07 Star wiring schematic needed

Hello, I have a Star that runs for a little while then stops. If you let it sit it will go again for a while again then stop. The fwd / rev switch was bad so I replaced it with a factory original. I also bought a new key switch but the new one has 2 wires but 3 screws for connections and the old one has 3 wires. No wiring diagram with the new switch only 3 screws for wires which are marked I, II, & III. I can use the old harness but don't know where the correct wire goes (I foolishly took the wires off the old switch thinking the new one would be an exact replacement). Also none of my 1w volt system is working, lights horn, etc... I am in need of a 2007 wiring schematic for this cart. I do not have the model but I do have the VIN # and other #'s from the plate. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

bayoubuggy2 01-20-2017 09:09 AM

Re: 07 Star wiring schematic needed

12 volt system not working. Mistakenly put 1w system. I should proof read better.

bayoubuggy2 01-24-2017 08:07 AM

I guess everyone who has the Star buggies have the same problem. No Support

bird6246 01-24-2017 09:07 AM

what wire colors do you have, and what year cart?

bayoubuggy2 02-03-2017 08:53 AM

Hello bird6246,
Sorry for the delay. I have been away for a while.
At the connector for the key switch on the buggy side, there is a solid yellow, solid red and a purple with white stripe wire. On the key switch side there is a solid blue, solid black and solid red wire. When it is connected the red mates up with the red, the purple with white stripe mates up with the blue and the yellow mates up with the black wire. There are 3 screw connections on the new key switch which are labeled I, II, III and it didn't come with wiring schematic. Any idea as to where the Blue, Black and Red wires connect to the I, II, III on the new key switch? I don't want to cross anything and possibly fry the controller. Also, does the key switch only break the power (I.E. power in only to power out)or does it connect power to ground (I.E. completing the circuit in the switch)? Any help is appreciated.

jbuczko 02-26-2017 11:18 AM

Did you check your relay? It's a little black cube. Might be wrapped in plastic. Or there is a solenoid that comes after your converter

cgtech 02-26-2017 09:56 PM

As far as I know, no diagram is around. We were a dealer, and could never get a service manual, parts support, nothing. If you are lucky, yours is equipped with a Curtis controller. At least a diagram is available from Curtis to use for the wires at the controller.