Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   2022 RXV ELiTE (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178450)

Bob-0 08-13-2021 07:22 AM

2022 RXV ELiTE

Hey all, couple quick questions. We’ve got a small dealership and I haven’t been able to go to Ashley’s class just yet.

When installing a MadJax headlight kit on a fleet model car, I wired DRLs in from the headlights to the converter as per the instructions. I’ve now realized that when you plug in the charger the solenoid activates (I assume to power the BMS), and the converter gets power…. The problem is that the DRL come on when this happens. I’ve verified the converter gets power on freedom model RXVs as well. The secondary issue that I’ve noticed is that the charger will run its full cycle , but then it flashes green quickly like it’s less than 80% charge instead of a steady green. I assume this is from the slight draw created by the DRL being on? Is there any harm in allowing things to stay the way they are, or do I need to just wire the DRL back in with the main lights so they are switched?

Second question, could someone PM me the code for a 1313 handheld so I can program a controller to go beyond 19.5mph please? Our electric guy was fired, and I hadn’t been furloughed yet, lol.

Thank you for any help and input!!!

Scott quail 08-13-2021 08:04 AM

Re: 2022 RXV ELiTE

In my opinion, and they are like butt holes, I suggest having everything switched. My customers have said their lights come on while charging. Kind of voids the use of DRL that come on automatically, but, I have installed a switch they can turn off while charging on the 12V output to kill power also. Then they just have to switch off while charging and back on when done. Again, I know this seems to be in vain but its what ive done with my customers and they like it.

TheCartBoy 08-14-2021 05:14 PM

Could wire it such that if the key is on your DRL turn on, so when charging, turn the key off to avoid DRL staying on.

Bob-0 08-24-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCartBoy (Post 1845258)
Could wire it such that if the key is on your DRL turn on, so when charging, turn the key off to avoid DRL staying on.

The problem was the DRL came on when the key was off and the charger was engaged.

I did some tracking down and found the problem. The car came from EZGO with factory JBL speakers installed. To allow them to continually play even after the solenoid disengaged, they installed the converter’s orange wire (power on/off source) to the non-switched side of the solenoid. Moved the wire to the switched side and everything worked just fine.

Scott quail 08-24-2021 07:49 PM

Awesome