Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KF82 Engine torque specs (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=23180)

scottyb 09-13-2009 10:29 PM

KF82 Engine torque specs
 
Thought I had it :?
I need the engine torque specs for the old 341 Flathead :thumbup:
Thank you in advance if you can post them or link me to em :thumbup:

scottyb 09-14-2009 09:34 AM

Re: KF82D Need Engine torque specs
 
There were about 500,000 of these engines built :mrgreen: somebody has to have the repair manual....? Well I couldn't find the info on the net? Guess I will have to go with torque recommendations for specific size bolts? :thumbup:

Murphy 09-14-2009 10:50 AM

Re: KF82D Need Engine torque specs
 
cylinder head bolts 16-18 ft-lbs
cylinder bolts 25-29 '' ''
connecting rod bolts 29-30 '' ''
side cover bolts 14-16 '' ''
flywheel nut 60-65 '' ''
spark plug 15-20 '' ''
crankcase bolts 14-16 '' ''
cylinder head shroud 8-10 '' ''
engine mounting nuts 25-30 '' ''

Anything else ?

BBissitt 03-18-2010 05:00 AM

Re: KF82 Engine torque specs
 
What is the horsepower for the flathead?

scottyb 03-18-2010 09:19 AM

Re: KF82 Engine torque specs
 
I think I recall reading 8.5 hp

samsmith 07-29-2011 05:45 AM

Re: KF82 Engine torque specs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBissitt (Post 380224)
What is the horsepower for the flathead?

dude, the horsepower for flat head i seen that it has 700 plus horse power. i got this info from my friend in Washington auto repair shop. hope this helps.

lockman1 07-29-2011 06:42 AM

Re: KF82 Engine torque specs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by samsmith (Post 600075)
dude, the horsepower for flat head i seen that it has 700 plus horse power. i got this info from my friend in Washington auto repair shop. hope this helps.

:lhmo:

Your obviously not talking about the Kawasaki KF82, "flat head" 8.5 hp, single cylinder, golf car engine... are ya?

:wink:

wooly15 07-29-2011 09:03 AM

Re: KF82 Engine torque specs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by samsmith (Post 600075)
dude, the horsepower for flat head i seen that it has 700 plus horse power. i got this info from my friend in Washington auto repair shop. hope this helps.

Wow, I feel cheated....I'm going home right now to try and find out how to squeeze the last 691.5 hp out of my 84 CC!!! :shock:

ckiguy 07-29-2011 01:59 PM

Re: KF82 Engine torque specs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wooly15 (Post 600156)
Wow, I feel cheated....I'm going home right now to try and find out how to squeeze the last 691.5 hp out of my 84 CC!!! :shock:

tuhen i guess my fe350 has a few extra ponies in it too!:lhmo: i think some medication or herbal effect were used when writing his posts!

ShineRunner 08-17-2011 06:22 PM

Re: KF82D Need Engine torque specs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphy (Post 282556)
cylinder head bolts 16-18 ft-lbs
cylinder bolts 25-29 '' ''
connecting rod bolts 29-30 '' ''
side cover bolts 14-16 '' ''
flywheel nut 60-65 '' ''
spark plug 15-20 '' ''
crankcase bolts 14-16 '' ''
cylinder head shroud 8-10 '' ''
engine mounting nuts 25-30 '' ''

Anything else ?

Great information. I am just ready to put my ole 91 KF82 back together and need the valve clearance spcifications.

Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.