Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Lift Kit Advice g29 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175654)

jgregoir 05-06-2021 10:31 AM

Lift Kit Advice g29

HI All,

I'm looking to put a lift on my 2015 G29. I am currently highly considering the madjax a-arm kit, but torn between a 4" and a 6". Would anyone here be able to share some pics of their yamaha cart with a lift. I specifically want to look at some 4" and 6" lifts and compare to make my choice.

Also, interested in anyone who might have some different brands of lifts. Specifically GTW lift or block lifts. Totally new to this and I keep seeing the GTW lift and some random block lifts and wondering if they are any good. There are little to no customer reviews or pictures of carts online with these lifts in them. Maybe that's why i keep leaning towards the madjax a-arm, because there are so many customer install pics online. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

cgtech 05-06-2021 11:36 PM

Re: Lift Kit Advice g29

What exactly is the "block lift" type you speak of?. Yamahas dont have leaf springs to "block up". Not sure what you are referring to.

Rich250 05-07-2021 05:39 AM

Some of the CO's that make the shock extension bracket kits are calling them block lifts even though they are not actually block lifts.I have the steeling and they call it a block lift.

Rich250 05-07-2021 05:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is mine with 4" Steeling what they consider block lift

jgregoir 05-07-2021 02:35 PM

Sharp looking cart. I also have 20" tires so I think that is look I'm going for. Are you happy with the Steeleng block lift? Any regrets with it or issues to be aware of? Thanks for the help!

Rich250 05-07-2021 04:12 PM

Thanks, I'm happy and have not had any issues with the lift but my cart is just a campground cruiser.

jgregoir 05-07-2021 05:20 PM

Perfect! Just bought one. Can't beat that price till i'm ready to go for bigger tires and a full 6". Thanks for the advice!

slowindown 05-09-2021 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I recently bought the 4” on eBay. It was $135. https://www.ebay.com/itm/363281805752

22” tires 12” rims from golfcarttiresupply.com

BCGolfCarts 05-09-2021 09:27 PM

I just bought a 09 G29 that already had the MadJax 6” A-arm kit on it. It looks good but personally I don’t like it. Simply because the leaf spring that comes with the kit is very stiff. I weigh 220 and jumping on the front bumper doesn’t budge it. Very rough riding and doesn’t drive good but at higher speeds on rough surfaces.

I have a older Yamaha cart with the block kits you are referring to. I like it better just because you can keep the factory coil over shocks and smoother ride.

jgregoir 05-10-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCGolfCarts (Post 1824302)
I just bought a 09 G29 that already had the MadJax 6” A-arm kit on it. It looks good but personally I don’t like it. Simply because the leaf spring that comes with the kit is very stiff. I weigh 220 and jumping on the front bumper doesn’t budge it. Very rough riding and doesn’t drive good but at higher speeds on rough surfaces.

I have a older Yamaha cart with the block kits you are referring to. I like it better just because you can keep the factory coil over shocks and smoother ride.

Great Advice! I've been hearing a lot online about the madjax kit getting squirrelly at higher speeds. I'll put up a review once I install the SGC