Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   High speed gears (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=34307)

bob-n-holly 06-14-2010 07:50 PM

High speed gears

I have a 91 cc and would like to get a set of high speed gears for it but i looked on cpp and says only for kawasaki axel carts how do i find out if i have a kawi axel?? any help is greatly appreciated

bob-n-holly 06-15-2010 05:46 PM

Re: High speed gears

doesnt anybody have any idea????

lockman1 06-15-2010 08:51 PM

I sort of remember (from way back when) the the difference between the Kawasaki, and the Graziano transaxles,
was... which side of the case mounting bolts were on,
but the heck if I can remember where I saw it, or which is which. :oops:

I'd suggest calling CPP and asking, I'm sure they'll send you in the right direction!

8)

CC-John 06-15-2010 09:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If your cart still has the original axle, it should be a Kawasaki.. CC used Kawasaki axles on both electric & gas models thru the late 90's..

Here's a couple of pics of the Kawi axle in my 1996 48V DS.. The gas models will have a transmission mounted in place of the electric motor on my axle..

bob-n-holly 06-15-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman1 (Post 417885)
I sort of remember (from way back when) the the difference between the Kawasaki, and the Graziano transaxles,
was... which side of the case mounting bolts were on,
but the heck if I can remember where I saw it, or which is which. :oops:

I'd suggest calling CPP and asking, I'm sure they'll send you in the right direction!

8)

Is there just the kawi and graziano transaxels or is there more kinds?? it has club car stamped on it in i think 3 areas but no type of manufacter tag just wanna make sure i get the right gears

lockman1 06-16-2010 06:50 AM

On Club Cars, there were only the two,
and I don't remember on what, or what years the Graziano axle was used,
but, I do remember that the only way to tell them apart was which side the case mounting bolts were on,

Take a look at CC Johns pic, (although it's a "sparkie") and compare your transaxle to it,
the bolts that hold together the two sides of the transaxle case should tell you which company made it!

If your still concerned about it, call Tom at CPP, tell him your a BGW member,
and that your interested in the high speed gears, and he'll help you!

:thumbup:

lockman1 06-16-2010 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WAIT!!! here's my 07 gasser Kawi rearend! the bolts are on the other side!

Call CPP!

bob-n-holly 06-16-2010 04:25 PM

Perfect you guys are a big help Its a kawi axel.I really appreciate it thanks

lockman1 06-16-2010 10:07 PM

No offense... but I'm guessing your being sarcastic....
eg: CC John's is a sparkie, and mine is a unitized transaxle, (BOTH of which, are nothing like your 91)

So... how do you know???

I would like to know, so the next time this question comes up, I can answer it properly!

:?

BigBlockMan 06-16-2010 10:22 PM

Its worse than that.
The Graziano axles some have bolts from left some from right.
The newer(97 up) Kawasaki axle usually has a bar code lable on drivers side axle tube close to tailpipe. Some older kawasaki also had the bar code tag.
To date I have never seen a graziano in a 86-96 GAS club Car. I have seen them in electric carts.