Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ezgo limo refurb (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=162592)

sta904 04-13-2020 09:41 PM

Ezgo limo refurb

5 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a new to me limo golf cart. Long story short, went in for a set of wheels for my short wheel base and walked out with this gem for 900$. It came without batteries, controller, charger or keys but because it was the same drive, 36v pds, I wasn’t concerned. After a quick push and a tow from the ole lady, we had her back at the house and commenced the cleaning. The next morning I swapped all the parts over and she ran like a top. I sold the other cart for 500. Now I’m in the process of slowly cleaning the frame up and refurbishing her. It won’t be a fancy ride, she’s a budget build just like the last cart, but I’ll try to do things the right way.

sta904 04-13-2020 09:48 PM

Re: Ezgo limo refurb

5 Attachment(s)
Magic erasers and bleach go a long way for the seats. Knocked some of the rust off the old tray, sprayed ospho and hit it with some rustoleum (short term just to get batteries in). Also threw the back seat from the old cart to the limo.

sta904 04-13-2020 09:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A pic of the old cart before I sold her. I probably could’ve gotten more ham 500$ but it was only up for 2 hours before I was loading it up on he new owners trailer. I spent tonight trying to polish her up. The paint is chipping all over but what is left polished out nicely.

bronsonj 04-13-2020 10:15 PM

Quite a steal! Nicely done

jakesnake27 04-17-2020 12:56 PM

Sweet, nice work! 8)

sta904 04-20-2020 11:44 AM

Thanks guys! I realized after surfing the site that I put this thread in the wrong section, at least I think. Any advice to move it to the "modified" "lifted carts" section

jakesnake27 04-20-2020 11:47 AM

A mod will come along and move it :thumbup:

sta904 04-20-2020 06:33 PM

Found out that my golf cart is a 95 medalist and not an 09 txt like I had originally thoughBig oops on my part. That being said what are the differences between the txt and the medalist? I assumed it was a txt pds because the controller, switch and key, were all interchangeable with my 01 txt pds. Do I have a medalist with a swapped drivetrain?

sta904 04-20-2020 06:36 PM

Has anyone put txt lights in a medalist front end?

sta904 04-21-2020 09:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got the headunit and first set of speakers in. Also had to repair the center pod. She’s not pretty but it is strong. For my first glass repair I’m happy with it. Also cut new wood and threw the old foam and cover back on. Again, this is a budget build. Have a voltage reducer and light kit waiting for install.