Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Can I replace my 12v Battery with an AUTOMOTIVE Battery? (2005 Club Car Precedent) (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=14930)

cuppjr 04-07-2009 10:24 PM

Can I replace my 12v Battery with an AUTOMOTIVE Battery? (2005 Club Car Precedent)

I have a 2005 Club Car Precedent with a bad battery.

Can I replace this with any 12v Battery, or would I need a Club Car Specific battery?

Thanks!
Michael

dirtysouth 04-07-2009 10:26 PM

Re: Can I replace my 12v Battery with an AUTOMOTIVE Battery? (2005 Club Car Preceden

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppjr (Post 174221)
I have a 2005 Club Car Precedent with a bad battery.

Can I replace this with any 12v Battery, or would I need a Club Car Specific battery?

Thanks!
Michael

Gotta be a deep cycle... Welcome Michael...:thumbup:

scottyb 04-07-2009 10:30 PM

Re: Can I replace my 12v Battery with an AUTOMOTIVE Battery? (2005 Club Car Preceden

What Dirtysouth means is it has to be a Golf Cart Battery. :mrgreen: Not just a marine "deep cycle" type. They wont handle the job. Basically nothing will handle the job except another Golf Cart Battery. How old if is the rest of the pack? What are your voltage readings on the rest of the batteries?

pizzamaker 04-07-2009 10:31 PM

if i had a dime for every...

dirtysouth 04-07-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 174229)
What Dirtysouth means is it has to be a Golf Cart Battery. :mrgreen: Not just a marine "deep cycle" type. They wont handle the job. Basically nothing will handle the job except another Golf Cart Battery. How old if is the rest of the pack? What are your voltage readings on the rest of the batteries?

Yeah, What he said...:mrgreen:

dirtysouth 04-07-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzamaker (Post 174231)

Again... What he said...:mrgreen::lol:

cuppjr 04-07-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzamaker (Post 174231)

You know - if we're too much of a problem - feel free to make another pizza.

At least I thought to ask.....now i'll spend my time working with the rest of the folk who actually provided reasonable responses.

scottyb 04-07-2009 10:35 PM

I know :lhmo: I know, the golf cart battery cost more because it is a lot more lead and amp storage capacity.....:mrgreen:

cuppjr 04-07-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 174229)

I'm not sure on the Voltage readings. It's at the lake, i'm not right now.

My goal was to replace just the bad battery (Won't hold a water refill - evidently a hole in one of the cells).

The problem was identified when I tried to plug in to charge it - The charger puts nothing into the cart, but the cart is clearly not charged. I tried another charger, same issue so I'm safe to assume I've ruled out the charger.

Thanks for the help!

dirtysouth 04-07-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppjr (Post 174236)
You know - if we're too much of a problem - feel free to make another pizza.

At least I thought to ask.....now i'll spend my time working with the rest of the folk who actually provided reasonable responses.

Lighten up... Life's to short...
Jus' Sayin'...:-P