Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   98 Starter/Generator Continuous Run (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179611)

98DSGasser 09-21-2021 01:58 PM

98 Starter/Generator Continuous Run

Starter / generator continuous run. No key function. Had to disconnect battery to shut down. While S/G was spinning, there was no throttle pedal function - in other words the motor would not engage.

Ignition switch?
Micro switches?
Solenoid?

Thanks for your help.

My cart is recently giving me issues after running just fine for a while.

camaroluvz28 09-21-2021 02:45 PM

Re: 98 Starter/Generator Continuous Run

There are two micros in the black pedal box under the seat...one is for start and the other is for kill circuit...check those first, If they both check out fine you most likely have a stuck solenoid...The fact it won't fire points me more towards micro issue but perhaps someone else will chime in with further thoughts...

98DSGasser 09-21-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 (Post 1853463)
There are two micros in the black pedal box under the seat...one is for start and the other is for kill circuit...check those first, If they both check out fine you most likely have a stuck solenoid...The fact it won't fire points me more towards micro issue but perhaps someone else will chime in with further thoughts...

Thanks camaro,
I pulled the two switches in the black box and they seem to open/close and ohm out ok. I am looking now how to check the solenoid. Appreciate your help!

Edit to update: I checked the kill switch wire all the way from the switch to the rev limited. It seems fine and not damaged.

I then started looking at the solenoid. I removed the blue wire and orange wire and applied 12V by reconnecting the battery. S/G spins. So I think (THINK) this means the solenoid is stuck closed??

crash12888 09-22-2021 06:14 AM

tap on the side of the solenoid and see if it will disengage, still replace it if it does...

camaroluvz28 09-22-2021 06:34 AM

Sounds like a bad solenoid to me :thumbup:

98DSGasser 09-22-2021 07:15 PM

Fixed! Bad solenoid. I bought a CC OEM to replace a bad knockoff I inherited.

Thanks again for the help.

crash12888 09-23-2021 06:25 AM

Glad you got it worked out and appreciate the update.:thumbup:

camaroluvz28 09-23-2021 06:51 AM

What he said :headbang: