Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   clutch tuning kits (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=17530)

cueball910 05-29-2009 08:10 PM

clutch tuning kits

has any body tried the clutch tuning kits from buggies unlimited?

tonyton 05-29-2009 08:41 PM

Re: clutch tuning kits

I tried the drive clutch kit for EZ GO. CLT JL 4CYL. This kit permits the cart to idle and allows for higher takeoff RPM. It bypasses the foot pedal switch, so the cart will idle. It also comes with a heavier drive clutch spring, that keeps the clutch from engaging at the low idle RPM. Higher stallspeed?

I installed the kit and could NOT make my EZ GO idle The only way to idle was open up the intake flapper (throttle.) That causes a backfire when I turned it off. Since it wouldn't idle and the switch was by-passed the starter/gen would continue to run...

The new spring kept the clutch open for a higher RPM, so the cart could idle.(not) The spring tended to give too much over-rev before engaging. If your cart will idle it may be OK. The spring itself may be good for a race type application.

A 28deg clutch made mine climb (rear). Hope that helps.

I got an RA # and was refunded the full amount on credit card.
Tony

dirtysouth 05-29-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyton (Post 208359)
I tried the drive clutch kit for EZ GO. CLT JL 4CYL. This kit permits the cart to idle and allows for higher takeoff RPM. It bypasses the foot pedal switch, so the cart will idle. It also comes with a heavier drive clutch spring, that keeps the clutch from engaging at the low idle RPM. Higher stallspeed?

I installed the kit and could NOT make my EZ GO idle The only way to idle was open up the intake flapper (throttle.) That causes a backfire when I turned it off. Since it wouldn't idle and the switch was by-passed the starter/gen would continue to run...

The new spring kept the clutch open for a higher RPM, so the cart could idle.(not) The spring tended to give too much over-rev before engaging. If your cart will idle it may be OK. The spring itself may be good for a race type application.

A 28deg clutch made mine climb (rear). Hope that helps.

I got an RA # and was refunded the full amount on credit card.
Tony

Welcome Tony...:thumbup::mrgreen::lol:

tonyton 05-29-2009 09:01 PM

Thanks Dirty.:oops::lhmo:

dirtysouth 05-29-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyton (Post 208370)
Thanks Dirty.:oops::lhmo:

:thumbup: Good ta have ya back Buddy...:thumbup:

dock98 05-29-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtysouth (Post 208373)
:thumbup: Good ta have ya back Buddy...:thumbup:

:thumbup: same here

tonyton 05-29-2009 09:23 PM

Thanks dock:thumbup:

dirtysouth 05-29-2009 09:24 PM

Sooo, think cueball is gonna be mad that Tony stole his thread?:-P:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

tonyton 05-30-2009 06:13 AM

Poor guy. His second post and Tony stole it.:roll: What a Jerk! (not you, cueball. Tony:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

lockman1 05-30-2009 07:07 AM

Gawd... you guys!!!! :lol:

Welcome to BGW, Cueball910,

What BU won't tell you is that you can get your Club Car to idle,
Simply by removing 1 wire from a micro switch, and turning up your idle screw!
(My cart is setup to idle!... and it was FREE!)

If you want more speed, or torque out of your clutch(es), CALL Tom at Cart Parts Plus (Dixie Sales),
1-888-861-2640
And, he can machine and add springs to your clutch(es) to your liking!
It'll be a little more expensive then the BU kit,
but, from what I understand, everybody (but 1 person) has been happy with the outcome!
I, myself, haven't had it done yet... but I'm going too!

:thumbup:

(another "shameless plug" for CPP!) :lol: