Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   its alive!!! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3196)

dwmmatt23 01-17-2008 08:17 PM

its alive!!!

man am i lucky i found a guy in town that has a golf cart junk yard and does work on them out of his house, so mine finally came to life. just needed to be rewired from what looked like a squirrel got to it. but it runs first try everytime know. whew, weight off my shoulder. and i picked up the new deluxe grey boat seats from my work and they fit liked they were made from the factory to go on my g1. now on to perfomance of it. i was suprised at these motors, plenty of power but i hit rev limiter and ive got limiter screwed all the way in. it just seems like it has so much more to give. anybody steer me into the right track as to were and what to do from here?

smallblock450sl 01-17-2008 08:31 PM

Re: its alive!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 (Post 48291)
man am i lucky i found a guy in town that has a golf cart junk yard and does work on them out of his house, so mine finally came to life. just needed to be rewired from what looked like a squirrel got to it. but it runs first try everytime know. whew, weight off my shoulder. and i picked up the new deluxe grey boat seats from my work and they fit liked they were made from the factory to go on my g1. now on to perfomance of it. i was suprised at these motors, plenty of power but i hit rev limiter and ive got limiter screwed all the way in. it just seems like it has so much more to give. anybody steer me into the right track as to were and what to do from here?

If you do have a G1, The best "tip" I ever heard is form Tom (cartpartsplus) "A sponsor and a great guy!". Cant find the post but...Take the govenor lever assembly off and "drill" the "keyed slot" out to a round hole" reinstall and .....There you go! Basicly takes the govenor out of the equation. You will find alot more "mods" to do in these forums. You will probably wake up in the middle of the night.....with a dream/vision, don't worry...It happens to the best of us! Later Dave

scottyb 01-18-2008 08:56 AM

Can you post pics of those seats installed?

spriddle 01-18-2008 09:07 AM

Them dang squirrels can do a lot of damage. :lol:

dwmmatt23 01-18-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 48377)
Can you post pics of those seats installed?

yea ill try and get some tonight

dwmmatt23 01-19-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 48296)
If you do have a G1, The best "tip" I ever heard is form Tom (cartpartsplus) "A sponsor and a great guy!". Cant find the post but...Take the govenor lever assembly off and "drill" the "keyed slot" out to a round hole" reinstall and .....There you go! Basicly takes the govenor out of the equation. You will find alot more "mods" to do in these forums. You will probably wake up in the middle of the night.....with a dream/vision, don't worry...It happens to the best of us! Later Dave

yea ive been wondering how, but ill have to take a closer look at it first or find that original post cause im still alittle confused and wouldnt want to mess anything up unless i was sure on it. to do it the whole governor bracket totally comes out of case? :help: