Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Big Block Talk! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Is it bad if i have an extra wire? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=573)

Xtreme Cartz 02-18-2007 04:15 PM

Is it bad if i have an extra wire?

I finished wiring my engine but there is an extra wire coming out of the key switch/box and I have no idea where it goes. :shock: It's white with a black cover over it and it is the only one coming out of the key switch that has a connector made for a bolt to go through. NONO or old army do you know where this wire goes? I noticed on the starter right next to the neg starter post is a post with nothing on it but a nut. I thought that is the pos post on the starter so I ran a cable from pos battery to that. I figured maybe this wire goes there but the pos battery has to run there also. I touched the extra wire to that post and turned the key to see what would happen. I got a nasty sounding crackle and nothing else.

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 02-18-2007 04:18 PM

I haven't touched mine yet, but when I do I'll see what I can do. I'm sure I'll run into plenty of electrical issues, because I have a negative inclination with electricity if that is even possible. I couldn't even wire 12v headlights if my life depended on it. :shock: :?

Dero 02-18-2007 04:49 PM

So you wired the starter directly to the battery? wouldnt you want the starter to get power only when the keyswitch is on? :shock: :?

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 02-18-2007 04:54 PM

I think you will need to use those nice microswitches and solenoids that E-Z-GO provided you with, like Dero said, don't want it turning over ALL the time.

I don't think you WANT extra wires, like I have a box of bolts that were leftover from where I rebuilt a 327 that time....... :shock: :lol: j/k

Xtreme Cartz 02-18-2007 06:25 PM

I dont know thats how I've always done it. I found out that extra wire goes on the pos starter post along with the one running from the pos battery to the pos starter.

Good news is its running and sounds good. :-D 8) :twisted:

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 02-18-2007 06:51 PM

Great!! Get a video or something. I just went down the the shop and looked mine over. I think this thing is going to be a pretty straight-forward installation. I think my muffler will mount right up, and I see an easy way for a carburetor hookup for the breather hose. 8)

Xtreme Cartz 02-18-2007 08:24 PM

Here on page 39 it gives you some ideas on how to hook the throttle up. Does Home Depot sell that wire holder?

http://www.honda-engines.com/Engines...s/31ZK6601.pdf

Also that is the owners manual for our engines. Basically they are a Honda GX390 with a Carrol Motors sticker. The parts from Honda are compatible.
Wiring is no big deal. Run one wire from pos battery to the pos starter post. Run neg battery to any bolt on the engine block. Hook all the wires up for the key switch. No big deal. :-D I want to put one of these in a club car next. Don't club cars already have a motor mount that this will fit on?

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 02-18-2007 08:43 PM

The engine will pretty much fall in a Club Car and work. :wink: Besides being bigger, it is almost identical to a Kawasaki FE series engine.

old army 02-19-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz
I dont know thats how I've always done it. I found out that extra wire goes on the pos starter post along with the one running from the pos battery to the pos starter.

It is for the charging I think If you are going to run lights it may not put out enough I think it is very low charging like 9amps