Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   EZGO workhorse vs. Regular EZGO golf cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=64717)

omar8rastas 05-24-2012 03:41 PM

EZGO workhorse vs. Regular EZGO golf cart

if you had the option, what would be the best choiice?
Basis of:
-Performance
-Durability

BrewCityMusic 05-24-2012 06:01 PM

Re: EZGO workhorse vs. Regular EZGO golf cart

I can't speak of the newer models, but the main difference on the Marathon-era (pre-94)carts was that the workhorse had a larger payload capacity (heavier rear springs) as well as of course, the bed (and slightly different rear bodywork to boot, mainly no bagwell) ... Engines, clutches, electrical, etc were the same, so there really was no difference in performance OR durability, unless you factor in the heavier springs.

JcXtreme72 05-24-2012 06:08 PM

Work horses have a longer wheel base too. I believe around 12"s. I say go for the work horse just cause they aren't as common. All the normal stuff like lifts and stuff all bolt right on.

ez go go 05-24-2012 08:30 PM

Some of the workhorses also came with the 11hp engine too.. That extra engine helps. I would definitely hit on the workhorse. I just like them more.

bud light 05-24-2012 09:45 PM

If you buy a newer workhorse 2009 it could have a 13hp kaw. single cylinder. I have a 2006 with a 350 engine (11hp), longer wheel base, 2" receiver front and rear, and 28 deg. driven clutch.
Go for the workhorse.

Old Ezra 05-25-2012 12:21 AM

SWB = better brakeover.......Just say'in.:lol: Long will get you hung..........

omar8rastas 05-25-2012 12:10 PM

Thanks for the replies.. real helpful !

scottyb 05-25-2012 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wheelbase was 10" longer - I dunno if it is really gonna get you High Centered on anything? I guess that depends upon your suspension and how good of an driver you are? LOL 20% more Hp and lower gear ratio. :thumbup: Click on the image of my 2000 workhorse below for a little fun.

bud light 05-25-2012 04:58 PM

OH NO scottyb did you fall off!!!

joejax 05-26-2012 05:41 PM

I got lucky finding mine, I guess you can call it a 'workhorse'. Was in rough shape when I got it, didn't run, paid $250.

Dumped some money into it; lift, wheels and tires, and engine rebuild, battery, etc, about a grand I guess.

Has been a real big help around the yard and running around the hood for fun. Love the dump bed. If I had a choice, it would be a no brainer.