Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spark then no spark, 92 Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=5075)

dvxman72 05-20-2008 10:13 PM

Spark then no spark, 92 Club Car

I noticed that the last time I had my club car out, it had trouble starting. I pulled the spark plug cable out and tried the screwdriver test to see if I would get a spark when I kicked it over but nothing happened and I could not see a spark. Then I connected the cable back to the spark plug and it started. So I pulled the cable off again and sure enough I could see the spark. So I am wondering what is the deal.:thumbup:

rusty 05-20-2008 11:32 PM

Re: Spark then no spark, 92 Club Car

Welcome.........................

Someone, a gasoline person, will come to your rescue here............

Dont be afraid to ask questions..........

scottyb 05-26-2008 08:27 PM

Welcome, If you have double checked all your connections...sounds like your igniter may be going bad. :|

jimbo123 03-01-2009 12:01 AM

I have a 92 Clug Car. sounds like the same problem. I replaced the Coil and this seemed to correct the problem. I had the maintance manual that gives the method to check the Coil, Igniter, and the RPM Limiter. They all checked OK, but the new coil worked.

4vertical 03-06-2009 10:23 PM

my 94 was doing similar. it was the ignitor. i got one for a jd lawnmower with a kawi engine from the local mower man. cost $15

-Aaron

jimbo123 03-07-2009 12:01 AM

I have solved the spark no spark with a new igniter and coil.
Thanks for the info

mickster9 08-28-2009 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=4vertical;156520]my 94 was doing similar. it was the ignitor. i got one for a jd lawnmower with a kawi engine from the local mower man. cost $15

-Aaron[/
I am going to replace my ignitor on my 94 for the same reason..have replaced everything else....can you tell me what JD ignitor you purchase...beats the heck out of $89 to $79 for a club car ignitor....

4vertical 08-28-2009 03:02 PM

i wish i could. when i took it to him(he is an old timer and knows most parts just by looking at them) he looked at it and went to the book.

if you have a mower man in your area, i would try them.

I am do to pick up my chain saw chains from him next week. i will try to remember to ask him if he knows from what mower it was from.

-Aaron

mjrowley 08-28-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4vertical (Post 272069)
i wish i could. when i took it to him(he is an old timer and knows most parts just by looking at them) he looked at it and went to the book.

if you have a mower man in your area, i would try them.

I am do to pick up my chain saw chains from him next week. i will try to remember to ask him if he knows from what mower it was from.

-Aaron

What a fantastic find!

I might have to pick one up just to have on hand.

mickster9 08-29-2009 11:41 AM

I sure would appreciate the information if you could...if you think of it when you go pick up your saws