Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Modz max charger (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=187024)

Rtcole 09-28-2022 10:42 PM

Modz max charger

Was wondering if any of y’all have used the Modz Max charger for your club car? Mine is a 2013 precedent model with an operating OBC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Fairtax4me 09-29-2022 11:09 AM

Re: Modz max charger

They seem to be OK as a plug and play option. You should always bypass and/or remove the OBC when using any smart charger to get the best performance out of the new charger.

Personally I would stick with the original Powerdrive charger if yours still works.

Rtcole 09-29-2022 07:00 PM

My charger is not working so i was looking at options

Fairtax4me 09-30-2022 10:36 AM

Which charger is it? Nice thing about the older chargers is you can spend $75 to $100 and replace all the common failure parts in them, and then they keep working for another 15 years.

R&TBabich 09-30-2022 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtcole (Post 1911060)
Was wondering if any of y’all have used the Modz Max charger for your club car? ....

Been using a Modz Max 48v charger on our DS for 2 years, works fine, no issues.
I completely removed the OBC to clean up the wiring and make room for mounting an upgraded relay and an Alltrax.
Also, the Modz Max is a lot lighter than the OEM charger making it easier to move around.

Volt_Ampere 09-30-2022 02:43 PM

I don't have one but one of my golfing buddies when with Modz for a replacement charger and he is happy with it.

DTO 09-30-2022 10:48 PM

My OBC was bad and was overcharging my batteries. Talked to David, bypassed my OBC and got a MODZ charger and could not be happier.
My Club Car is a 2013 also.

Rtcole 10-01-2022 10:40 PM

Is it really needed to bypass the obc? They advertise that it works wit or without the obc?

CP241 10-01-2022 10:51 PM

I would say if your charger OR OBC fails and you need to replace either, I’m bypassing and removing the OBC and using a charger that doesn’t need or use the OBC.

I don’t know about the Modz charger specifically, but You’ll see better life out of your batteries with at least some nicer chargers because they can be flashed with different profiles to match the specific brand of batteries you have. The OBC just “is what it is”.

Volt_Ampere 10-02-2022 08:37 AM

You should bypass the OBC if you get a new charger. Not a big deal.