Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Oil Additives (DO NOT USE)!! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=15749)

spriddle 04-23-2009 01:11 PM

Oil Additives (DO NOT USE)!!

I HIGHLY recommend that no one use any type of thick oil additives in any engine that is based on the splash system: which includes all Yamaha's! It could improperly lubricate the engine and cause damage.

EZ-GOnewild 04-23-2009 01:12 PM

Re: Oil Additives (DO NOT USE)!!

So what blew up now??

azboo 04-23-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spriddle (Post 185551)
I HIGHLY recommend that no one use any type of thick oil additives in any engine that is based on the splash system: which includes all Yamaha's! It could improperly lubricate the engine and cause damage.

Uh oh...dare I ask? :shock:

spriddle 04-23-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZ-GOnewild (Post 185555)
So what blew up now??

Nothing of mine. But I have had experience with this. I've noticed a few posts here lately about oil and oil additives. Any engine that uses the splash system will NOT SPLASH anything that is THICK. You'll get improper lubrication, especially at startup.

azboo 04-23-2009 01:17 PM

That was very helpful. Thank you Mr. Spriddy. :thumbup:

EZ-GOnewild 04-23-2009 01:24 PM

Yes it was. A Sticky on sticky oil.

spriddle 04-23-2009 01:31 PM

I've been seeing too many recommendations from members to use this stuff (specifically Lucas). If you have a pump on your engine (engine will have a filter), then maybe just a drop or two but NEVER NEVER in a splash system engine.

spriddle 04-23-2009 01:31 PM

:lhmo:

Non believer test:

Get your buddy or wife (I know some of you will enjoy this) LOL!!!, a garden hose, little sand shovel, tub of mud, and some tylenol.

One spray the other while the other tries to splash mud on his friend or irritated wife (use the tylenol). :mrgreen: Let me know who get's soaked first. :lol:

dirtysouth 04-23-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spriddle (Post 185580)
I've been seeing too many recommendations from members to use this stuff (specifically Lucas). If you have a pump on your engine (engine will have a filter), then maybe just a drop or two but NEVER NEVER in a splash system engine.

I blow'd a lawn mower up with 20-50 motor oil...:mrgreen::shock:

dock98 04-23-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtysouth (Post 185639)
I blow'd a lawn mower up with 20-50 motor oil...:mrgreen::shock:

why would you do that?you need :help:lol