Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A-arm lift vs Spindle Lift (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=55198)

yellj 10-02-2011 08:18 PM

A-arm lift vs Spindle Lift

Getting ready to plan my lift, looking at 22 or 23" tires. A lot of people use the Jakes lifts, the A arm lift seems to make more sense, don't know much about either one, looking for any guidance. Cart is just going to be used around the house nothing extreme, pull an occasional trailer. TIA

Colbyntx 10-02-2011 08:24 PM

Re: A-arm lift vs Spindle Lift

Depends on what you want. I like the A-arms because I think they look better plus it replaces your front end parts. You should also tell us what its going on.

yellj 10-02-2011 08:28 PM

Oops. 07 Precedent

kbrehbay 10-03-2011 05:14 AM

Go with the A-Arm lift as it replaces everything from the upper control arms on down.
You can view the issues I had with lifting my 2005 Precedent on the other forum.....was not a fun time!!!!

ZackMan 10-03-2011 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbrehbay (Post 629979)
Go with the A-Arm lift as it replaces everything from the upper control arms on down.
You can view the issues I had with lifting my 2005 Precedent on the other forum.....was not a fun time!!!!

What's the advantage of replacing everything from the upper control arms downward? Does this eliminate any steering and/or alignment issues or does it just look better? Thanks.

ZackMan

:|

Colbyntx 10-03-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackMan (Post 629994)
What's the advantage of replacing everything from the upper control arms downward? Does this eliminate any steering and/or alignment issues or does it just look better? Thanks.

ZackMan

:|

New parts vs putting used parts back on???? Wheres the question?

ZackMan 10-03-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colbyntx (Post 630098)
New parts vs putting used parts back on???? Wheres the question?

Okay, your response about new parts is self-explanatory. I am particularly interested in steering/alignment concerns. Since new parts are being bolted on from the upper control arms downward, does this eliminate the steering/alignment issues that may surface in a spindle lift?

Colbyntx 10-03-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackMan (Post 630112)
Okay, your response about new parts is self-explanatory. I am particularly interested in steering/alignment concerns. Since new parts are being bolted on from the upper control arms downward, does this eliminate the steering/alignment issues that may surface in a spindle lift?

Can't help you there as I have only ever put on A-arm lifts. There is not much of a price difference to have a new front end.

ZackMan 10-03-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colbyntx (Post 630139)
Can't help you there as I have only ever put on A-arm lifts. There is not much of a price difference to have a new front end.

Thanks!!

SaltLifeCC 10-03-2011 12:44 PM

You're still going to have to deal with alignment/toe no matter what you go with. There's no advantage to replacing parts for the sake of replacing them. If there is nothing wrong with the parts that are left in place with a spindle lift, then there is no issue. I have a Jake's 6" spindle lift on mine and I installed it myself, as in alone, with no help. It would be an even easier install with an extra pair of hands, especially on the rear end, but it's not a difficult install at all. I have 23" tires and have plenty of clearance even with 4 people on the cart, with stock rear springs. It rides great and looks good. I wasn't looking for anything for any heavy duty use. We ride the cart around our neighborhood and we use it to cruise around campgrounds. Works perfectly fine for all of those uses.