Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OnBoard Charger (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=59027)

greenmonster 01-13-2012 01:15 PM

OnBoard Charger

ScottyB- I just visited your site and didn't see a ProTech charger listed. Are you still a dealer?
I'm interested in a 36v onboard charger and not real particular about a brand- just as long as it lasts longer than me 8)

scottyb 01-13-2012 03:25 PM

Re: OnBoard Charger

I can get you one..... but I would rather not.
I stopped selling them when the repair statistics started to accumulate. After much discussion with factory techs and an independent engineer, I concluded that the onboard chargers are not the best charging solution for usage.

I now carry the 5 stage DPI stand alone transformer type charger / battery maintainer.
These are the same type of chargers that you see working after 25yrs of service. You can't say that about any on-board I know.

greenmonster 01-13-2012 04:21 PM

I appreciate your input. I'll stay away from an onboard charger. It sure would be convenient but I don't want to have maintenance issues. Thanks again!

Charlie_in_OC 01-13-2012 10:22 PM

Scott

Want to buy back a new, never been used 48VDC Pro-Tech charger I purchased from you a year ago?

Charlie

scottyb 01-13-2012 10:36 PM

The problems with the on board chargers stem from the voltage spikes of a running cart and the dirt, vibration, and heat associated with installing the charger on the cart.

Use your charge as a stand alone unit. Simply plug it in to charge.

Charlie_in_OC 01-13-2012 10:45 PM

Nice response, I'll take that as a product you endorsed and no longer want to deal with.

Good doing business with you.

Charlie

scottyb 01-13-2012 11:33 PM

There are plenty of these chargers out there performing well.
I am always looking for something new and better. If they came out with a better controller I may stop selling alltrax, I don't see how that would upset anybody who purchased one last year?

Asking me to buy one back that you have had for a year is silly.

wrongway 01-13-2012 11:44 PM

:disgust: unbelievable! :looser:

Charlie_in_OC 01-14-2012 12:41 AM

Really? A product that I purchased from you, on your recomendation, that has never been used and yet you state that you "rather not" sell another one?

And wrongway, are you scott's personal lil' brown-noser?

yurtle 01-14-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_in_OC (Post 674114)
Really? A product that I purchased from you, on your recomendation, that has never been used and yet you state that you "rather not" sell another one?

And wrongway, are you scott's personal lil' brown-noser?

I'm on ScottyB's side with this. You do your research, and buy what makes sense at the time. Things change.

I deal with manufacturer's reps at work all the time, who drop product lines when they can't stand behind them, or when something better comes along.