Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2006 36v TXT - Sluggish to Move And Then Warms Up? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179020)

ThePump 09-01-2021 08:06 AM

2006 36v TXT - Sluggish to Move And Then Warms Up?

I have a new to me 2006 36v TXT. All original wiring, motor, and controller. 1-2 year old 6x6 volt batteries. After a fresh charge at night I'm finding that I can press the throttle all the way down and I barely get moving. In fact, in reverse I have to give it a little boost by pushing off the ground with my foot as I hold down the accelerator. After a very slow start I can feel the power start to build after about two mins of driving and then the issue goes away! Almost like it needs to warm up — which doesn’t make sense to my admittedly ignorant electrical brain. Any help would be very appreciated!

Erik

Bama Brad 09-01-2021 09:53 AM

Re: 2006 36v TXT - Sluggish to Move And Then Warms Up?

Welcome to BGW, lot good folks here helping each other. Is anything getting hot? That's sure sign there is resistance somewhere. Cheapest thing to do first is to inspect/clean all your wiring and connections. Start with batteries and work your way out. This also will get you familiar with your cart. Look at "stickies" under EXGo section for tips and testing. Sound like a weak connection.

Sideways 09-01-2021 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to BGW!
As Bama Brad stated lots of good folks on here to help out.
One bit I will add to Bama Brads recommendation's is to make sure your battery pack is fully charged by using a multi-meter (wait at least 12hrs AFTER the charger shuts off without using the cart to check for full charge)

Use the chart below as a guide.

bronsonj 09-03-2021 07:47 AM

So after the issue goes away, if you come to a complete stop and mash the GO pedal again it takes off like normal? Or is the issue every time you come to a complete stop?

ThePump 09-18-2021 05:31 PM

Thanks everyone. The issue only occurs when the cart has been sitting for some time. For example, overnight or after a swim with the kids. I’ve actually taken the great advice in this thread and purchased a multimeter. As well as totally stripped down the cart. I’ll provide an update once everything is back together.

Thanks,

Erik

Bama Brad 09-20-2021 08:19 AM

Let us know what you find out....if you having the problem, I probably will at some point.

OhDannyBoy 09-24-2021 01:36 PM

did you ever figure out this problem. I'm having the same issue.

ThePump 09-24-2021 03:13 PM

Unfortunately, the issue is still haunting me. I replaced all battery cables and one of the wires that was indicating issues running off of the controller… but alas when everything was said and done the issue is still haunting me. Does anybody have any advice on diagnostics?

Thanks,

Erik

OhDannyBoy 09-30-2021 08:25 AM

agreed. i cannot figure this issue out either. i did have an issue with the motor brushes being stuck but i cleaned them up and the cart works alot better. however i still have the issue in reverse.

JohnnieB 09-30-2021 10:47 AM

Try pushing cart be hand after it has sit sever hours and again after it has "warmed up" to see if take more force to move it when cold.

There's a dozen or so sets of roller bearings that might get stiff after sitting a while and the oil in the differential may be turning into molasses.