Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Engine Back fires (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=142036)

Searat 05-20-2018 06:01 PM

Engine Back fires

I've got a 2012 Precedent Gas. The place I bought it from adjusted the speed from 13 mph to 20 mph. I am having an issue with Back Firing. When I decelerate to a near stop, and then press the gas pedal down it sometimes backfires. The research I have done so far says that the carb is opening up before the engine starts, therefor adding to much fuel. Does this sound right? and whats the best way to adjust speed, through throttle linkage, or governor?

Golf cart guy 05-20-2018 06:16 PM

Re: Engine Back fires

They adjusted the speed incorrectly. They just went in a pulled the accelerator cable tighter, now the throttle is not closing all the way. Send it back to them

Searat 05-21-2018 06:18 PM

Thank you. I plan on adjusting it myself, I'm not real confident of the place i bought it from. I just need to figure out how to adjust it.

Deehop 05-22-2018 11:02 AM

I am having this same problem. I want speed but I don't want my engine back firing. Golf Cart Guy what do you suggest? Thanks!

Golf cart guy 05-22-2018 08:03 PM

On a club car you adjust it back at the governor. The problem is a 8th of an inch is huge difference. That's why places just pull the cable tight.

Deehop 05-24-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf cart guy (Post 1504829)
On a club car you adjust it back at the governor. The problem is a 8th of an inch is huge difference. That's why places just pull the cable tight.

So you don't use the Zip Ties?

Golf cart guy 05-24-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deehop (Post 1505333)
So you don't use the Zip Ties?

I don't do zip ties, I do it right.

Deehop 05-30-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf cart guy (Post 1505492)
I don't do zip ties, I do it right.

Is there a way that you can show detailed information on how to do it right? You read a lot of information but for the novice a lot of it is not clear. Any and all help would be grateful! Thanks!

oncearacer52 05-31-2018 06:53 AM

Probably not too much fuel. More like a lean mixture when you open the throttle.

Searat 06-01-2018 09:18 PM

So, i adjusted the throttle linkage to insure that the carb is closing all the way. I then adjusted the governor in the back (i learned allot from this). It still backfires, but allot less. I like how the cart runs. My new problem is that I'm reaching the engine rev limiter.