Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Plowmans setup yamaha drive (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=114749)

Boosted1200 02-08-2016 11:26 AM

Plowmans setup yamaha drive

Just wondering if anyone has any advice before i start this project? I have his controller motor and cellinode. What all goes to the cellinode? and his kit came with 6 new cables does anyone know what cables these replace? im assuming once i get in there itll be a little easier to see where things like the fuse go?

Any help would be great thanks

thetoddjohnson 02-08-2016 12:06 PM

Re: Plowmans setup yamaha drive

Just call Don. He has awesome customer support. He will walk you through the whole thing.

TJ

Boosted1200 02-08-2016 08:52 PM

He never called me back, but got everything all together by myself. Runs great! cant believe I waited almost a year to do it.

cmykpro 02-09-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted1200 (Post 1240788)
He never called me back, but got everything all together by myself. Runs great! cant believe I waited almost a year to do it.

How much did that set you back? Do you feel it's worth it so far?

Boosted1200 02-09-2016 08:51 PM

Right around $1400 Well worth it I new i was buying the slowest cart out there when i went with the 12 yamaha drive but i just love the looks of it and now with this package it is perfect. before it gpsd like 12 last night i took it out and it went 22 and i was only being easy on it so im sure itll go faster once i get it broke in. my cart is 3 inch lift and 22" tires

his package came in like 3 days motor, controller, selinode, cables, fuse

I had the brake set in the garage and after doing the install i just pushed the throttle with my hand to pop off the brake and make sure eveything was working all i heard was tires spining on the garage floor.

It drives just like it did stock you just are not floored every where now. If you want to take off slow it still does that if you want a little whip lash you can get on it

cmykpro 02-10-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted1200 (Post 1241078)
Right around $1400 Well worth it I new i was buying the slowest cart out there when i went with the 12 yamaha drive but i just love the looks of it and now with this package it is perfect. before it gpsd like 12 last night i took it out and it went 22 and i was only being easy on it so im sure itll go faster once i get it broke in. my cart is 3 inch lift and 22" tires

his package came in like 3 days motor, controller, selinode, cables, fuse

I had the brake set in the garage and after doing the install i just pushed the throttle with my hand to pop off the brake and make sure eveything was working all i heard was tires spining on the garage floor.

It drives just like it did stock you just are not floored every where now. If you want to take off slow it still does that if you want a little whip lash you can get on it

Thanks for the info. Was it a difficult install? How was it swapping out the motors?

Boosted1200 02-10-2016 11:30 AM

Does not come with any instructions but I wa was able to figure everything out on my own. The motor was the hardest part. I put it a jack under it so I didn't have to worry about smashing any fingers. Took a little bit but I got it to slide on

sodar 02-10-2016 02:36 PM

What did the kit for $1,400 come with? I am guessing you got the AllTrax XCT controller? What amperage?

How is the torque with 22" tires?

Boosted1200 02-10-2016 04:50 PM

yes alltrax 500 amp controller, he said his motor was good for 750 amps

comes with cables
selinode
fuse
motor
some other little stuff

He includes everything you need to install.

The torque feels very good! sets you back in the seat.

Boosted1200 02-24-2016 02:56 PM

I don't want to scare anyone way from kit. It does come with instructions. That was my mistake. And also great customer service. If I can hook up everything in this cart anyone can do it!