Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   g16E Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=69620)

sonnysmith 08-30-2012 09:41 PM

g16E Yamaha

I'm having a time working on a Yamaha for a older lady.
Let start by saying,It runs sometime,just not when you want it to.
When it want run,there is no back busser,no power to solenoid,no power.
I turn off and on the run tow switch and the thing will run.Now I may not or should not,but when it's running and I turn the switch to tow cart stops,then turn back to run,It will not run.No back up busser or solenoid power.Till I turn run tow on and off a few times.Then we start all over.
I have checked tow switch and It's good.
So can anyone tell me how the wiring is supposed to work?????are where to look.
the Lady need her cart.

Thanks all

JohnnieB 08-31-2012 02:02 PM

Re: g16E Yamaha

2 Attachment(s)
In reply to your PM, since attachments cannot be attached to PMs.:roll:

Here is the wiring diagram with solenoid activation circuit traced and another with High current circuit traced.

On the high current one, Red is B+ and Blue is B-. Purple is the intermediate voltage between solenoid and armature windings.

I didn't see anything labeled Run/Tow switch on the diagram, so is this the correct one for the cart you are working on?

Also, is the a schematic available, or is wiring diagram all that is out there?

camaroluvz28 08-31-2012 02:17 PM

iF i HAD TO TAKE A GUESS THIS EARLY IN THE BALLGAME- i WOULD SAY THE SOLENOID IS PROB HANGING UP...BUT IT COULD BE OTHER THINGS...STOP SWITCH AMONGST...

sonnysmith 08-31-2012 07:07 PM

I'm so sorry,It's a G19 E. I was told by the gentlemen at Yamaha.It is a 48 volt cart.JohnnieB sorry for the extra work.
Let start by telling you what I have ck, I don't know what it should do,but when the solenoid is activated or the cart makes that clunking sound the cart has 48 volts on the small wires that hook to the solenoid,the cart will work. If I let it set for a few min. with out pushing the accelerator pedal,the cart makes that clunk sound and the cart won't work with out resetting the run tow switch.I checked the accelerator stop switch and it check OK.
It looks like all my small wire voltage come from inside of the controller,but now sure.
wiring diagrams on my computer are hard to read.
JohnnieB, once told me checking voltage is fine,but you must know what it's doing,and that's a problem for me.

Thanks
Sonny

JohnnieB 09-01-2012 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this floating around in cyberspace. :mrgreen:

Looks like one side of solenoid has B+ (+48V) applied whenever Tow switch is in the operate position (or whatever it is called) and you have to have B+ on pins 1, 2, 3, 6 and either 4 or 5 to get controller to supply B- on pin-11 to activate solenoid.

When the cart is misbehaving, check for voltage (B+) at the solenoid coil and the pins listed above.
If you've got all of them and the solenoid isn't closing, my guess is that either the controller or solenoid is bad.
If you don't have any of them, the Tow switch is bad.

Since toggling the Tow switch is turning the controller off and on, resetting it, I'm leaning towards a bad controller. (If Tow switch is good)

sonnysmith 09-01-2012 03:20 PM

Thanks you kind sir,your information should be gold plated and sold.
seriously,The kind of info you pass out has helped so much.I no,I will be calling on you again.

Sonny