Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   G19 No Solenoid Click (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=151212)

rockfordpi 03-26-2019 06:56 PM

G19 No Solenoid Click

G19, 49v on Batts. Solenoid does not click. 48v on the input side of solenoid.

When I jump Solenoid to main negative, it clicks. Cart still does not run.

No reverse buzzer.

I am guessing controller normally completes/closes the solenoid activation circuit based on input from throttle switch and F/R switch? If so, this means one of those two switches or the controller is bad?

cgtech 03-27-2019 06:38 PM

Re: G19 No Solenoid Click

You should be able to get the solenoid to close by pushing the cart any time the tow/run switch is in run. It should turn on, and try to resist rolling away. I think controller is bad.

rockfordpi 03-27-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1598983)
You should be able to get the solenoid to close by pushing the cart any time the tow/run switch is in run. It should turn on, and try to resist rolling away. I think controller is bad.

Ok, just so I am 100% clear, if R/T switch is on and I push the cart and no rollaway resistance, the controller is bad? That is much easier than testing the controller inputs.

cgtech 03-27-2019 11:46 PM

As long as the rpm sensor is connected, it always will resist rolling away of pushed. This combo leads me right to controller.

- tow/run provides B+ to small red on solenoid, so we know tow/run works (controller provides B-)
- no reverse buzzer, or beep when pushing, and it is hooked up. (Controller powers reverse buzzer)
- controller doesn't resist being pushed
- solenoid operation has been tested

All points to bad controller.

It is my policy to remove & inspect motor when failed controller (because bad motors can kill controllers). It would be best for you to get a alltrax controller, not another stock one, you will get improved power and much higher top speed. With stock motor, I wouldn't go any bigger than "XCT-48400-G19"

rockfordpi 03-28-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1599081)
As long as the rpm sensor is connected, it always will resist rolling away of pushed. This combo leads me right to controller.

- tow/run provides B+ to small red on solenoid, so we know tow/run works (controller provides B-)
- no reverse buzzer, or beep when pushing, and it is hooked up. (Controller powers reverse buzzer)
- controller doesn't resist being pushed
- solenoid operation has been tested

All points to bad controller.

It is my policy to remove & inspect motor when failed controller (because bad motors can kill controllers). It would be best for you to get a alltrax controller, not another stock one, you will get improved power and much higher top speed. With stock motor, I wouldn't go any bigger than "XCT-48400-G19"

CG,

Thank you so much. I will double check the roll away and the motor. BTW, I have an extra working g29 motor, will that work on the g19?

cgtech 03-28-2019 10:20 AM

It would, with modifications (change plug on tach sensor). The G29 motor sure isn't a great one tho.