Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   99 club car gas wiring diagram (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=53026)

tdub8517 08-17-2011 11:47 AM

99 club car gas wiring diagram

I am wanting to change the key switch in my 99 club car gas. I would like to go with an other than factory switch so it will be keyed different. I am in need of a wiring diagram to make sure I wire it correctly. It has a fuel gauge as well if that matters. If anyone has changed their wire to non factory , do you remember what switch you used? Thanks to all.

invalidsession 08-17-2011 12:03 PM

Re: 99 club car gas wiring diagram

There's nothing special about a CC ignition switch and you can find a replacement for it at most FLAPS. Just be sure to meter the contacts at the old switch positions before you swap it out. I run a fuel gauge, headlamps, tach and 12v output through the "on" position on my cart all with separate fuses. Just remember to turn it off to avoid battery drain. :oops: Alcohol may have been partially responsible on that occasion but I can't remember :lol:

Chris.

tdub8517 08-17-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invalidsession (Post 608963)
There's nothing special about a CC ignition switch and you can find a replacement for it at most FLAPS. Just be sure to meter the contacts at the old switch positions before you swap it out. I run a fuel gauge, headlamps, tach and 12v output through the "on" position on my cart all with separate fuses. Just remember to turn it off to avoid battery drain. :oops: Alcohol may have been partially responsible on that occasion but I can't remember :lol:

Chris.

What the heck is FLAPS ? I am guessing the APS is auto parts store.

invalidsession 08-17-2011 01:50 PM

Friendly Local Auto Parts Store = Flaps.

tdub8517 08-17-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invalidsession (Post 609006)
Friendly Local Auto Parts Store = Flaps.

LOL , ok , thanks.

lockman1 08-17-2011 04:31 PM

Straight up tdub...

The key switches in the FLAPS are not "weather resistant" and WILL fail after a few good rains, and washing your cart!

I have a "keyed different" Club Car key switch that I am VERY comfortable with!
and Yep... it costs triple as compared to what you can get at the Friendly Local Auto Parts Store,
BUT... it wires up directly as the stock "keyed alike" one does, and it's weather resistant!

my .02

tdub8517 08-17-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman1 (Post 609118)
Straight up tdub...

The key switches in the FLAPS are not "weather resistant" and WILL fail after a few good rains, and washing your cart!

I have a "keyed different" Club Car key switch that I am VERY comfortable with!
and Yep... it costs triple as compared to what you can get at the Friendly Local Auto Parts Store,
BUT... it wires up directly as the stock "keyed alike" one does, and it's weather resistant!

my .02

Where did you get it? Part # ?

lockman1 08-17-2011 09:00 PM

I got it from my CC dealer a few years ago, for... I think around $35.00,
And no offense, but with all of the receipts that I have on my cart, it would take me 2 days to find the OEM number!

But, one of BGW's fine sponsors may be able to help!

Here's a start!

http://www.golfcartking.com/uncommon...nt-p-2731.html

8)

invalidsession 08-17-2011 10:18 PM

I should have mentioned that I purchased a weather resistant switch. My FLAPS, (in this case NAPA) carries marine grade switches for boats, tractors lawn equipment etc. Around $20 iirc.

Chris.

tdub8517 08-18-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invalidsession (Post 609349)
I should have mentioned that I purchased a weather resistant switch. My FLAPS, (in this case NAPA) carries marine grade switches for boats, tractors lawn equipment etc. Around $20 iirc.

Chris.

My Napa doesnt have anything in 4 terminal switch.