Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   95 CC won`t turn over to start (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=14799)

CartTrader 04-04-2009 04:37 PM

95 CC won`t turn over to start

Ok its spring ..time to start up the gassers. One started just fine (both 95s 290s) The other doesn`t make a sound or even try to turn over. Battery checks ok, put charger on it anyway. Open black box, cart in test mode, got 13.75v thru both micros when hitting pedal. Solenoid doesn`t click at all. Jump the 2 big terminals engine turns over with starter. Checked voltage on 2 small terminals. 13.75v on each one. There shouldn`t be any voltage on them should there? Hitting pedal changes nothing. Don`t want to jump them just in case something is wrong.....ran great when put in storage last year. How do I test the solenoid?

CartTrader

scottyb 04-05-2009 05:42 AM

Re: 95 CC won`t turn over to start

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartTrader (Post 172392)
Ok its spring ..time to start up the gassers. One started just fine (both 95s 290s) The other doesn`t make a sound or even try to turn over. Battery checks ok, put charger on it anyway. Open black box, cart in test mode, got 13.75v thru both micros when hitting pedal. Solenoid doesn`t click at all. Jump the 2 big terminals engine turns over with starter. Checked voltage on 2 small terminals. 13.75v on each one. There shouldn`t be any voltage on them should there? Hitting pedal changes nothing. Don`t want to jump them just in case something is wrong.....ran great when put in storage last year. How do I test the solenoid?

CartTrader

If both micros are working and the solenoid won't click. Jumping the solenoid makes the engine crank? I think you have a bad solenoid. Maybe it just stuck after sitting for how long? Don't you not go out and start these things once a month or so through out the winter? I'm kinda thinking maybe the solenoid will snap out of it if you jump it a couple of times ..... just a thought about a sticky contact? I don't know......

CartTrader 04-05-2009 11:43 AM

Carts sat for about 3 to 4 months. No I didn`t go out and start them every month or so. Mainly because I winter in Florida and live in Ohio. When you say Jump the solenoid. Do you mean jump accross the 2 big terminals? Don`t know how that will unstick it, but give anything a try. Can I jump one of the small terminals directly to the battery to try to get it to connect? If so which one? I`ve done it on the old Ford cars to test them but they dont have a s/g. I probably do have a bad solenoid, but want to test it to make sure.

CartTrader

crash12888 04-07-2009 11:54 AM

You can push the pedal and tap the side of the solenoid. It might jump free.

The two small posts on the solenoid activate it. Need to use your meter and determine which post is hot and which is grounded.
Connect 12V jumper to the powered sideand listen for a click.
Also run a jumper from the ground post to a good ground to eliminate a possible overlooked bad ground connection.

If you dont have a meter you can remove both wires from the small posts and then jump 12V to one post and ground the other. Doesn't matter which one if oem wires are removed.

CartTrader 04-07-2009 04:34 PM

With key on, both small posts have 13.75 volts, going from battery negative to posts. Both are at 0 volts, with key off. No change either way pushing on pedal.

CartTrader

GMCWAYNE 04-08-2009 06:39 AM

You should not have voltage on both small terminals. Are you sure you connected your battery correctly? By that I mean did you possibly connect a ground wire to the positive post?

CartTrader 04-08-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCWAYNE (Post 174416)
You should not have voltage on both small terminals. Are you sure you connected your battery correctly? By that I mean did you possibly connect a ground wire to the positive post?

Unless someone screwed with it during the winter as I didn`t disconnect the battery. Plus the fact that I put a charger on it and its an automatic charger that senses polarity. Also I have a positive 13.75 volts at the small posts with negative lead going to the negative post. So I`d say yes I have it connected correctly!! :thumbup:

CartTrader