Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   On Road Golf Carts! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   rivet kit for ezgo (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=38292)

NEWORLEANS-YAT 09-07-2010 09:00 PM

rivet kit for ezgo

any body have a diagram or break down of the rivet kit. I have a 2005 TXT EZGO and a bag of rivets. I need to know which go where?

thanks

gornoman 09-07-2010 09:04 PM

Re: rivet kit for ezgo

Good luck with that. It's a royal PITA! There are a few that won't fit into a standard rivet gun. I borrowed a pneumatic riveter that worked great, much tighter than a hand-forced unit.

NEWORLEANS-YAT 09-07-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gornoman (Post 452815)
Good luck with that. It's a royal PITA! There are a few that won't fit into a standard rivet gun. I borrowed a pneumatic riveter that worked great, much tighter than a hand-forced unit.

ok so my best bet is a pneumatic one? does it make the rivets more snug?

gornoman 09-07-2010 09:15 PM

Absolutely!

NEWORLEANS-YAT 09-07-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gornoman (Post 452824)
Absolutely!

Thanks man

kgsc 09-09-2010 07:42 PM

Harbor Freight my friend. I bought the $40 one and have been screaming along. Forearms don't look like Popeye anymore :thumbup: As for the bigger 1/4" rivets at the bottom of the body, just use the standard ones made for the dash. They work fine. As for the others, if I remember... 7 sm black across the dash, 2 sm blk behind the nameplate, dont forget the dust cover, 2 silver lrg flange for lower part of front cowl, 4 blk lrg flange for skirts, 4 slvr lrg flange for hinges, 5 sml silver lower body at floor, 1 silver at top center front of body.

NEWORLEANS-YAT 09-09-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgsc (Post 453677)
Harbor Freight my friend. I bought the $40 one and have been screaming along. Forearms don't look like Popeye anymore :thumbup: As for the bigger 1/4" rivets at the bottom of the body, just use the standard ones made for the dash. They work fine. As for the others, if I remember... 7 sm black across the dash, 2 sm blk behind the nameplate, dont forget the dust cover, 2 silver lrg flange for lower part of front cowl, 4 blk lrg flange for skirts, 4 slvr lrg flange for hinges, 5 sml silver lower body at floor, 1 silver at top center front of body.

Thanks man. Great info

LostHusker 09-09-2010 09:07 PM

Yat, look in the electric ezgo manuals in the stickies, it should have a breakdown for ya. I just know where they go now.