Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stereo cuts out on acceleration (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=35763)

web_wizard_99 07-17-2010 01:37 AM

Stereo cuts out on acceleration

Hi, I have just installed an mp3 kit type stereo all it has is the amp and mp3 plug in.

Issue i have is when i push on the gas the music volume lowers for a split second then goes back to normal. when i slow down and stop everything is still good, it only happens on acceleration.

I wired the the accesory wire (blue) to the key switch.
Power (red) to the Battery + (this has an inline fuse)
ground (black) to the Battery -

Other than that i have no complaints, installed an 12V also and works great.

Any ideas? seems like when i push the gas it is losing some power. But i don't know how to fix it, i've seached the forum here and google etc.

this is all on a 2010 Precedent (GAS)

rib33024 07-17-2010 02:37 AM

Re: Stereo cuts out on acceleration

Welcome

Hey Wizard

the blue wire is for the power antenna, -and the yellow is the memory it needs to go to 12V on the battery + >> red should be switched for off and on

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...BGWradio-1.jpg

Eric_H_E 07-17-2010 09:50 AM

I think wizard has it corect. on an amp, the blue wire is the remote turn on. It is usually connect to the blue antanna wire from the radio.( whitch sends 12 v out to the power antanna moter to raise the antenna and can also be used to turn on and amp) he said notheing about a yellow memory wire is why i think he has it correct
If his set up works like i think it does, he does not have a head unit(radio). His MP3 connects to the amp.

gas or electric cart?

The amp may be hurting for power upon acceleration because of the extra draw on the batterys at that time.

Just a guess. I think others will let u know for sure.

Good luck

arcitech 07-17-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric_H_E (Post 428940)
I think wizard has it corect. on an amp, the blue wire is the remote turn on. It is usually connect to the blue antanna wire from the radio.( whitch sends 12 v out to the power antanna moter to raise the antenna and can also be used to turn on and amp) he said notheing about a yellow memory wire is why i think he has it correct
If his set up works like i think it does, he does not have a head unit(radio). His MP3 connects to the amp.

gas or electric cart?

The amp may be hurting for power upon acceleration because of the extra draw on the batterys at that time.

Just a guess. I think others will let u know for sure.

Good luck

I have the Poly Planar 50 watt MP3 Kit in my cart. The blue wire goes to a switched +12v source to turn on the amp, definitely. I have a separate 12v motorcycle battery, and I still lose the radio reception when using my Zune. If I play just my music, it is fine. There is a lot of electrical interference when the cart is first starting out, probably from the controller, once I'm up to speed I get radio reception back. If you are hooked up to 2 of your 6volt batteries, then the power drop could be your problem, check it out with radio and mp3's and see if it is different. Once I'm up to full speed, the radio doesn't cut out.

web_wizard_99 07-17-2010 12:26 PM

Hey guys it's gas cart. Just the one 12v battery. Also it is the poly planner MP3 kit also, so there is only RED +, Black -, and Blue (Instructions say wire to the switch or if not switch use direct battery). I am sure there is something i could do to prevent the lowing of the music. Thanks everyone for replies so far.

Eric_H_E 07-17-2010 02:13 PM

once the gas kicks in do you still have a power loss?. I just re red your post and saw that it is a gas cart:roll:
may still be hungry for power as the stater is engaged to start the engine. Can you rangle up a nother battery to try running your stereo on to see if that is the case?

arcitech 07-17-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by web_wizard_99 (Post 428977)
Hey guys it's gas cart. Just the one 12v battery. Also it is the poly planner MP3 kit also, so there is only RED +, Black -, and Blue (Instructions say wire to the switch or if not switch use direct battery). I am sure there is something i could do to prevent the lowing of the music. Thanks everyone for replies so far.

That sounds like the starter is making a big voltage drop when it starts, so it should come back on after the motor is running and charging...:?

web_wizard_99 07-17-2010 04:14 PM

Everything works fine as i am going. It is just as i push on the acceorator when starting the cart. after that no promblems.

I don't have another battery to try I was going to try wiring the blue wire directly to the battery (instead of the keyswitch) and see if is still does it.

Eric_H_E 07-17-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcitech (Post 429017)
That sounds like the starter is making a big voltage drop when it starts, so it should come back on after the motor is running and charging...:?

i would bet a nickel this is your problem.

web_wizard_99 07-17-2010 04:59 PM

is the voltage drop a normal occurance for gas?