Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   gas golf cart yamaha clutch wont engage (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=39587)

ruscle1124 10-07-2010 08:36 AM

gas golf cart yamaha clutch wont engage

Motor runs but clutch wont engage. its not getting enough rpm's to engage what should i do?????

BrewCityMusic 10-07-2010 12:00 PM

Re: gas golf cart yamaha clutch wont engage

Oops - you're posting in the EZGO forum, might want to repost in the Yamaha forum, you'll prob get a faster response there

Flintrock 10-07-2010 10:38 PM

And give us some more information on the problem, please.....

ruscle1124 10-08-2010 07:45 AM

well the motoris starting up and thn it seems as if the starter is skipping and it stally out to motor and the drive belt isnt squeezing the belt so the belt int spinning the tires and im not sure what i should do

FIXEROFCARTS 10-08-2010 09:17 AM

If I understand the problem correctly, its not the clutch, its that the motor is not starting, so you need to look at those issues.

ruscle1124 10-11-2010 07:45 AM

ok so last night i got it to move in forward and in reverse. but the thing is it only moves about 1-3 mph. and im not sure what i need to do to fix it got any ideas?????

ncmerk 10-11-2010 07:54 AM

Sounds like it's only running on the starter. You have an engine problem of some kind, pull the fuel line from the carb and spin it over to see if the fuel pump is pumping. If it is, then move to the spark plug, pull it and check for spark.

ruscle1124 10-11-2010 07:59 AM

ok so if that doesnt work thn what else can i do???

sho305 10-11-2010 09:19 AM

Check fuses and wire connections, ground wires.

These carts run a starter/generator. They spin the motor if the pedal is down, that does not mean the engine is running. If it is running you can throttle it up and it will rev up. Try it in neutral unless its a G1 2 stroke they don't have neutral. You are likely not getting gas or spark.

bigstik40 10-13-2010 12:53 PM

If you do have spark, you might want to make sure you pull the choke out & keep it pulled out while cranking the engine. Be sure to release it if/when it starts. Be ready to re-pull it out if it wants to stall. Some of these carts can be a little "cold blooded" on starting, especially this time of the year.