Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Something new?Has anyone heard of this? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=61074)

hillcountrymac 03-06-2012 11:49 PM

Something new?Has anyone heard of this?

Well ya'll know I've had a backfire issue.I kept going over what I could do before ordering a new carb.It was just so close.I checked the screw I used to plug the hole in the intake for the oil injection(again) to make sure it was sealed.Sealed okay,but I had used a screw that was an 1 1/4" long.I pulled it and the threads were wet with fuel mix.I thought about how it was extending into the intake tube and could that make a difference?I went to Ace Hardware and bought a short screw and replaced it.All things the same rubber washer and all,just a much shorter screw.The occasional backfire has stopped.I have waited a while to see if it would rear it's ugly head,but so far so good.Anyone ever heard of this?I don't know why it would work but it seems to have.

simple man 03-07-2012 12:23 PM

Re: Something new?Has anyone heard of this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillcountrymac (Post 697675)
Well ya'll know I've had a backfire issue.I kept going over what I could do before ordering a new carb.It was just so close.I checked the screw I used to plug the hole in the intake for the oil injection(again) to make sure it was sealed.Sealed okay,but I had used a screw that was an 1 1/4" long.I pulled it and the threads were wet with fuel mix.I thought about how it was extending into the intake tube and could that make a difference?I went to Ace Hardware and bought a short screw and replaced it.All things the same rubber washer and all,just a much shorter screw.The occasional backfire has stopped.I have waited a while to see if it would rear it's ugly head,but so far so good.Anyone ever heard of this?I don't know why it would work but it seems to have.

Glad that worked for you! Could the long screw have possibly been holding the valve open at times? A mystery for sure! :mrgreen:

hillcountrymac 03-07-2012 01:13 PM

I don't know,something with flow?Who knows? Strange but it seems to have worked.Oh, and this Forum has helped me immensely on my project(85 Marathon) just thought I might be able to give back.

racin161 03-07-2012 08:17 PM

No valves 2 cylcle maybe the way the fuel was delivered through the intake and not proper air to fuel mixture with the bolt protruding in the hole causing tuberlance in the mixture. This is why racers port polish the heads and intake runners to increase fuel flow. Lets not get to deep but happy to hear you've solved the problem.Hay I have an idea ! put the original bolt back in and see if it backfires again???? Lets test the out come:mrgreen:

Doc's BoneCracker 03-08-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racin161 (Post 698065)
No valves 2 cylcle maybe the way the fuel was delivered through the intake and not proper air to fuel mixture with the bolt protruding in the hole causing tuberlance in the mixture. This is why racers port polish the heads and intake runners to increase fuel flow. Lets not get to deep but happy to hear you've solved the problem.Hay I have an idea ! put the original bolt back in and see if it backfires again???? Lets test the out come:mrgreen:

:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:
Hell that sounds to much like an engineer would do! But I do agree it would be great to know.

hillcountrymac 03-08-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racin161 (Post 698065)

Right now having too much fun driving it backfire free.Probably will do it in the future.Like all of you probably,I get bored and want to jack with something.

racin161 03-08-2012 02:39 PM

Well if you have a wife just ask what home improvements she needs you wouldn't have time to jack with things.:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

hillcountrymac 03-08-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racin161 (Post 698449)
Well if you have a wife just ask what home improvements she needs you wouldn't have time to jack with things.:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

I have one and we're currently adding another garage with a VERY NICE "craft room"/bedroom.So I have permission to jack with stuff.(it's kinda like a political payoff with the same advantages).