Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   EZGO 2019 Express S4 Elite (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=165449)

jakalope 06-18-2020 12:25 PM

EZGO 2019 Express S4 Elite

Which programmer (Curtis) do I need for this model? I have found the adapter cable for this model but see that there are multiple programmers out there and do not want to purchase the wrong one. I want to reprogram my cart to go faster as well as slow down the initial acceleration once you press the pedal.

Great forum with tons of information. Thanks for the help.

BobBoyce 06-18-2020 09:34 PM

Re: EZGO 2019 Express S4 Elite

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakalope (Post 1732001)
Which programmer (Curtis) do I need for this model? I have found the adapter cable for this model but see that there are multiple programmers out there and do not want to purchase the wrong one. I want to reprogram my cart to go faster as well as slow down the initial acceleration once you press the pedal.

Great forum with tons of information. Thanks for the help.

It is beyond the ability of just a programmer. You have to know the OS intimately enough to know what to input to unlock the controller, then relock it after. Then tune it. If you alter even one parameter, it will change the checksum, and your controller will have to be reflashed back to stock, or be replaced with a new one, in order to be unlocked.

hugo_vazquez 06-05-2021 07:30 PM

Bob I heard you are the guy to talk to I’m about 30 minutes south of charlotte any plans of coming down I have a 2020 express s4 elite I’d like turned up

BobBoyce 06-06-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugo_vazquez (Post 1830410)
Bob I heard you are the guy to talk to I’m about 30 minutes south of charlotte any plans of coming down I have a 2020 express s4 elite I’d like turned up

I usually pass through that area every couple of months, sometimes more often. I was just there a few weeks ago. Once you get to 3 posts made, wait an hour or so, then send a Private Message to usgicollector with your contact information so that he can add you to the list.

hugo_vazquez 06-07-2021 04:22 PM

Thank you I really appreciate it

Thomasj106 06-18-2021 07:51 AM

Hugo,

I have the same cart only it's a 2021 (before the 2021 refresh.) Bob just happened to be in my neck of the woods when I messaged usgicollector. Bob called me the next day and said he would be available the following day. He showed up, did his thing and my cart screams down the road!

Thank you, Bob! I cannot believe how fast my Express S4 Elite goes! I also cannot believe that I caught you just at the right time to have it done so quickly. You the man!!!

Tom

Homeskooled 01-02-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobBoyce (Post 1732143)
It is beyond the ability of just a programmer. You have to know the OS intimately enough to know what to input to unlock the controller, then relock it after. Then tune it. If you alter even one parameter, it will change the checksum, and your controller will have to be reflashed back to stock, or be replaced with a new one, in order to be unlocked.

. This is not the same as the ez go 614029 is it?thanks Steve