Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha wiring diagrams (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=22692)

deerfly 09-03-2009 06:53 AM

Yamaha wiring diagrams

Found a website that has LOTS of wiring diagrams for new and old Yamahas.
It's http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/s-1...resources.aspxYou can download them and print em out!

spriddle 09-03-2009 07:38 AM

Re: Yamaha wiring diagrams

Thanks for the info. I changed the link to go directly to the diagrams. :thumbup:

kwest0425 07-29-2010 01:33 PM

In running down a recent electrical problem with my 1981 g1, I noticed a couple of errors in the g1a and g1a5 diagrams at the site above.

Specifically, in the ignition switch matrix table on the diagram, the forward switch position should connect w/r-b. The matrix incorrectly indicates w/g-b.

Also, in reverse, the matrix indicates incorrectly a single connection between w/g-b-r-p. It should really indicate two different connections. One between w/g-b and a separate connection between r-p.

The 1982 g1a3 diagram is correct.

I have verified this against a 1983 g1 shop manual.

Hope this helps somebody.

-kwest

steve11 08-17-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerfly (Post 275530)
Found a website that has LOTS of wiring diagrams for new and old Yamahas.
It's http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/s-1...resources.aspxYou can download them and print em out!

Thanks!

SteveRand 10-27-2010 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a G2A Gas schematic, since there isn't one at the linked site.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...maticColor.jpg

ezrydr 11-30-2010 10:49 AM

I'd sure like to find the wiring diagram for my G1
Serial number starts with J24
Form my research this indicates a 1983 model.

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram for this? The web site listed in the first post does not specfically list this model.

Are any of the diagrams listed correct for the J24 serial numbers?

Thanks guys!
Steve

GMB74 01-31-2011 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Scan of the wiring diagram for G1 J10 models (1979-81). This is right from the factory manual. Note that it does not show the ground side fuse.

rivertime 08-21-2011 10:43 AM

A buddy of mine had an old trashed out G1 and he let me remove the turn signal lever and associtated wiring for it. It was never connected on his cart so I have no idea what goes where. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out with time, but was hoping someone had the diagram for a G1 with turn signals? It would save me a ton of time knowing what goes where.

Thanks

ezrydr 08-21-2011 11:12 AM

a G1 with oem turn signals? wow didn't know they mae em with trun signals.
are you sure they aren't aftermarket? got any pictures?

rivertime 08-22-2011 05:35 PM

Can't say for certain if they're OEM. They came off another G1 but that doesn't really mean anything. I think I've seen the same setup on other carts so maybe it's just an add-on aftermarket thing. Might have no choice but to work my way through the bundle.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...F1059Small.jpg

scooterdude66 09-11-2011 02:37 PM

Any suggestions about new aftermarket light setups for G-1's? I can't seem to find any that are specific to my older cart. Just got the cart a few weeks ago and I'm new to BGW any help on wiring or any place to research parts would be appreciated.

Thanks and love this site!

sho305 10-05-2011 09:14 AM

The G9a diagram might not be right, according to my manual the R/W should also power up the starter solenoid and VR....the R/W in the top half should be connected to the R/W in the bottom half of the diagram.
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf

deerfly 10-05-2011 09:37 AM

I found these diagrams on the cunninghamcarts website and posted it here for anyone to use. One of the webmasters made a sticky out of it. As far as I know the one I used was correct. Don't know about any of the others.

sho305 10-05-2011 10:22 AM

And they are very helpful, good find. Had another post about it and found it did not look right, wanted to make a note of it. The rest looks fine. (of the G9A)

LaydBack 10-30-2011 08:43 PM

Does anyone have one for a 2011 Yamaha Drive PTV gas? I found a pair of wires that weren't being used and they aren't switched by the key. They are under the cup holder and I plan to use them for a 12V power outlet to be able to charge a cell phone. I'm assuming that is what they are for, as it appears that the tach/hour meter is lithium battery powered. Thanks

sho305 10-31-2011 01:44 PM

There is a manual on the yamaha site with the diagram in it, but hard to read maybe the PDF is better than the online one.
http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...rsmanuals.aspx

It could be for the oil light, or there are audio and headlight kits from yamaha but not knowing what the wire is for that diagram should tell. It may go through the 10A fuse in that case it would not be good for much current. Be very careful about using yamaha factory wiring for anything, and they usually do not ground the frame some have a ground fuse....but not sure on the Drive.

billygoat67 11-01-2011 05:33 PM

what a great web site, found the wiring diagram g1. just what i needed. thank you

terry123 12-22-2011 11:59 AM

i have a 1998 yamaha 48 volt cart can i trade out the 6 8 volt baterries for 4 12 volt batteries if so what changes will i have to make

rivertime 12-22-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry123 (Post 664243)
i have a 1998 yamaha 48 volt cart can i trade out the 6 8 volt baterries for 4 12 volt batteries if so what changes will i have to make

You posted this in the gas section. Try where the sparkies hang out Yamaha Electric forum

JustinCredible 01-08-2012 10:21 AM

I bought a aftermarket CDI that is for a 150 cc. It has two plugs, one with two pins and one with 4 pins. The wire hárness has a plug with 2 wires and the other has 3 wires leaving one empty. How do I find out how to make the right connections? Oh yea I have a 1990 g2 gas. The cart had a Mitsubishi cdi installed previously that was mounted upside down and filled up with water.

sho305 03-18-2012 09:40 PM

There are some places that sell the minibike stuff that post the wiring diagrams, guess I would start there. A lot of them are the same. The G2 diagram is posted in the sticky posts here.

It would be best to make a new post in the forum.

Soupy96 09-09-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB74 (Post 514095)
Scan of the wiring diagram for G1 J10 models (1979-81). This is right from the factory manual. Note that it does not show the ground side fuse.

Hey you wouldn't happen to have the whole manual on PDF would you?

ride2tires 10-16-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho305 (Post 631128)
The G9a diagram might not be right, according to my manual the R/W should also power up the starter solenoid and VR....the R/W in the top half should be connected to the R/W in the bottom half of the diagram.

Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall! :shock:

nwarren9 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I would like to share the G1 wiring diagrams that I have found handy. and thanks to the fakes that put them together.

Attachment 78609

Attachment 78607

Attachment 78608

sho305 01-19-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ride2tires (Post 790963)
Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall! :shock:

Sorry:? The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.

MonsterCrawler 04-28-2013 07:26 PM

hey, i want to take that annoying *** buzzer off, to do that do i have to cut the purple and black wire and connect them or what do i do? what if i were to wire in some sort of led reverse light running off those purple and black wires?

bighawkster3569 05-15-2013 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupy96 (Post 773965)
Hey you wouldn't happen to have the whole manual on PDF would you?

Here is what I have found.

sho305 03-15-2015 03:34 PM

Found a nice testing chart for Yamaha generator problems. Don't know who the place is but the chart seems helpful.

http://www.golfcarspecialties.com/te...ng_checks.html

Viejajefita 08-18-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho305 (Post 828606)
Sorry:? The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.

Been checking continuity on all my wires using the diagrams from Cunningham. I thought that r/w was an important one. It attaches to spade terminal at top of starter solenoid correct? Should there be a wire, red, That piggy backs off of the large terminal (one that goes to battery) then off to the key switch?

cgtech 08-19-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterCrawler (Post 874571)
hey, i want to take that annoying *** buzzer off, to do that do i have to cut the purple and black wire and connect them or what do i do? what if i were to wire in some sort of led reverse light running off those purple and black wires?

Thats exactaly what i did with my g2a gas. Unplugged the buzzer, ran wires to a led plate light mounted behind the bumper. Key turns it off too. If yours is electric, thats a problem, the buzzer is supplied with full pack voltage, in that situation i would go with a led light and a properly calculated resistor to "knock it down" to the correct voltage.

Prowlerguy1 09-28-2015 11:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
:wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sho305 (Post 631128)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ride2tires (Post 790963)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho305 (Post 828606)

I found that the same is true for my G8 cart.

On the wiring diagram there is a missing wire connection between the "output" side of the pedal switch and the Red/White wire on the bottom of the diagram.

When the pedal is depressed, B+ (12Vdc) is sent to 5 places:
1. the V/R (red/white wire);
2. the Ignitor (red/white wire);
3. the solenoid of the main starter relay [if you hear the click, then it is!](red/white wire);
4. on the coil (red/white wire);
5. and, on S/G field excitation input (red/white wire becomes little red wire....which is paired with the little green wire coming out of the S/G).

Attached is a copy of the G8-A and G9-A diagrams that I have updated/corrected.
The G2-A diagram that is posted on the Cunningham Site http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf appears to not have this discrepancy and is correct.

Hope this helps others that are tracing wires on their carts, at 1030pm, in the dark, in the driveway, when you have to get to bed because you have to be at work at 5am.

Me, no, that NEVER happens to me! :wink:

Regards,
Todd

Prowlerguy1 09-28-2015 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveRand (Post 472265)
Here's a G2A Gas schematic, since there isn't one at the linked site.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...maticColor.jpg

Steve,

This is an awesome color wiring diagram!

However, I think I might have found one teeny, small discrepancy on the diagram.

The fuse link tap is taken off of the wrong side of the main relay. I think the fuse link tap needs to come off of the battery side of the main relay. Otherwise, you'll never have power (initially) to power up the solenoid to close the relay.

If it's OK with you, I am going to edit your color diagram to make the same diagram for a G8 cart.

I've attached a copy of your diagram that I've corrected.

Nice work!

Regards,
Todd

Prowlerguy1 11-04-2015 12:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
While helping a member troubleshoot a problem recently, I think I found a few errors in the G1A wiring diagram on the Cunningham website, here:
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/ima...maha%20G1A.pdf

The errors are in the Key Switch logic diagram (see attached drawings). If you look at the original diagram, you will first notice that there are two columns labeled W/G. In reality, the left W/G column should really be labeled W/R.

Beyond that, it says that:

1. SWITCH OFF
When the switch is in the OFF position, the Black wire and the Black/White wire are tied together (connected). Ok, this makes sense, this grounds the CDI unit and magneto and prevents the ignition from firing the cylinder.

2. KEY SWITCH IN FWD
In the FWD position, there are two groups of wires that are tied together. On the left, the White, Red/White and the Yellow wires are tied together. And, on the right, the W/R wire is tied to the Black wire.

Tracing the wires here, you can see that on the left group, the 12V power here is coming in on the White wire (from pedal switch relay) and is being sent to the FWD starter relay solenoid on the Yellow wire. It is also being sent down the Red/White wire to the power S/G field excitation and the V/R. This all makes sense.

However, on the right side, to tie the White/Red wire to the Black wire is suspect. Since the W/R wire goes to the CDI magneto and the CDI unit let's look at what other wires go to these units. Each of these components ALSO have dedicated grounds already on them. This doesn't make sense. It would make more sense if the W/R wire is supplying power to the CDI components when the key is turned to the FWD position. In helping a member fix a problem that he was having, I found out that this is exactly what is happening. So, the diagram is wrong. What is really happening here is that the W/R wire is being tied to the Red wire (which brings power directly from the fuse block).

Finally;

3. KEY SWITCH IN REV
With the key in the REV position, there are also 2 groups of wires that are being tied together. On the left hand side, the White, Red/White and Light Blue (L) wires are being connected. On the right hand side, the White/Green, Black, Red, and Purple wires are tied together.

The wires on the left side work similarly to those that I described above for the wires on the left hand side with the switch in the FWD position. The only difference is that now the L wire gets powered which powers the REV relay solenoid to start the engine in reverse.

Now, for the wires on the Right. By quickly tracing the Red wire, you find that it is bringing 12V directly from the battery through the fuse - it makes no sense to tie that directly to ground (Black wire). This would just short the Red wire and blow the fuse. Also, as discussed above, the W/G wire should not be grounded. It should, though, be tied to the Red wire. It's also a no-brainer that this also ties the Purple wire to the Red wire....and this powers the backup buzzer.

Summary
The first column labeled W/G (on the left) should be labeled W/R.

In both the FWD and REV positions, the key switch wires on the right hand side SHOULD NOT tie to the Black wire, but, they SHOULD tie to the RED wire. This puts 12V onto the W/R wire with the key in the FWD position and powers the ignition system appropriately. Conversely, it puts 12V on the W/G wire with the key in the REV position and that powers the correct portion of the ignition system for reverse mode.

I have made these changes to the logic diagram and attached a corrected version of the G1 wiring diagram.

Looking at the other G1 diagrams on the Cunningham website (G1A2, G1A3) - these drawings have similar inconsistencies in their logic diagrams. I have only corrected the G1A drawing.

I hope this helps anyone trying to use these drawings to troubleshoot any electrical problems.

Prowlerguy1 11-07-2015 10:08 AM

G8 Color Schematic

1 Attachment(s)
I was messing around with MS Paint this morning and I modified the G2A color schematic from post #5 to (more) accurately reflect the Yamaha G8 wiring diagram.

Hope this is helpful to someone, someday.

Regards,
Todd

neonacr24l 03-18-2016 04:00 PM

great sticky....if your wondering about why there isn't a diagragm for the 1983 g1 use the 82, there the same

joe_gi 03-27-2016 05:31 PM

I needed this, thanks!!!

usagcr 07-05-2016 10:55 AM

looking for wire diagram for a Yamaha 2012 model YDREX2

rlawrence2 12-14-2016 08:37 AM

I'm new to this forum and new to carts....so.. be gentle please... :) I bought this cart very used from a "fix it guy", so working on getting it running properly again.

I have a G11AT...I think... (JR3 on sn ,but JR6 on engine..) I cannot find a specific wiring diagram as discussed in these threads, but assume it is similar to what I've found on a G21 (JR6). Any thoughts?

My cart does not stop engine with gas peddle deactivated, so trying to determine if it is the 10895 relay or the switch from the peddle (which I cannot even find yet physically or online). ...or could even be bad wiring... any troubleshooting procedure? I cannot even find the pedal switch, but of course the relay #10895 is visible next to voltage regulator. Diagrams show both the "Accelerator Stop Switch" and the "Engine Stop Relay".

LuisB 06-25-2017 02:17 PM

I looked at the website of diagrams 1st posted on this thread, on the internet, and also did on this thread for the G23A and unable to find any diagrams. Desperately needing the diagram. (My G23A is a 2005 JU5 Medium Utility Gas).

cgtech 06-29-2017 02:07 AM

Try the G22a diagram, it should be the same, except without the lights included.