Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Max size wheels I can put on EZGO Shuttle Gas 2+2 Year 2000 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=118933)

slobdiddy 06-01-2016 10:24 AM

Max size wheels I can put on EZGO Shuttle Gas 2+2 Year 2000

Hi there. Can anyone tell me the biggest wheels that this will take without a lift kit. Many thanks!

slobdiddy 06-08-2016 05:00 AM

Re: Max size wheels I can put on EZGO Shuttle Gas 2+2 Year 2000

OK. I really need your help guys. I'm overseas in Hong Kong with a Chinese speaking only mechanic and this will be tough. I asked him about wheel size today and he measured the tire at 44cm diameter and said I could probably get away with a 46cm diameter tire. Anyone got more precise info? Any recommended nice looking replacement wheel and tire combos?

Am about to embark on turning and old broken down cart into something shiny and new and would appreciate some quick info. Many thanks in advance.

kgsc 06-08-2016 06:51 AM

A 20 inch or 50cm tire will fit without a lift

slobdiddy 06-08-2016 09:45 AM

Thanks - this means I can go bigger than my mechanic told me.

slobdiddy 06-09-2016 03:21 AM

Trying to find a 20 inch tire. Metric will be easier to replace locally. Do you think a 20.5 inch diameter tire would fit? Have found a nice set of 215-50-12s on eBay. Many thanks.

slobdiddy 08-01-2016 10:57 AM

Cart renovation almost done!

Coming back for help. Have installed 20 inch tires on unlifted cart and my mechanic says cart will rub on wheels at back if I have adults in rear seats. I don't want to lift the cart.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? I have searched online and found a vid on installing HD rear leaf springs - does this sound reasonable and any suggestions on best brand? Video also says I will need HD U bolt links - again does this sound reasonable and will I need any other parts.

Want to get this right first time as I live overseas and this is all going to be mail order.

Many thanks.

mamonti 08-01-2016 11:56 AM

No lift then your only solution is the HD leaf spring. You may not need it if you are only planning on having small people or kids on the back. Why not just try getting a couple of people that you plan on hauling and see if they rub? But if you have bad roads and such I would suggest going the leaf spring way to be on the safe side. I doubt there are any special places to order them as I do believe the only difference over the standard leaf spring is an additional leaf.

kgsc 08-01-2016 12:54 PM

HD springs will help and you could put longer shackles on the rear springs but don't get too long. I think the standard are 3 1/2 inches center to center. 5 1/2 would get you some and easy to do.

slobdiddy 08-01-2016 01:14 PM

Thanks both. Super stupid question... Not quite sure what the shackles are and how this will help....can you help explain to a novice?

Also, I can see HD leaf springs on Amazon. Do I need to watch the manufacturer?

Will post photos of finished cart once all done.

kgsc 08-01-2016 02:01 PM

Shackle plate is what connects the frame of the cart to the rear of the rear leaf spring. Allows the cart suspension to flex. Making these a little longer will lift the rear of the cart.