Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Model and Year Identification? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=9357)

rwsduc 10-17-2008 09:47 AM

Model and Year Identification?

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning all. My girlfriend has a golf cart that I am trying to help her out with. She would like to sell it but I have not determined the year (2000 or 2002?). After replacing all the battery cables and charging the batteries individually, the 36volt charger now kicks on, but never drops below 9 amps of draw before the charger kicks back off. I take it the batteries are shot. The cart is in good shape overall. Can anyone confirm the year of manufacture and offer any ideas as to how much it would be worth as is? I appreciate any assistance that may be offered.

rwsduc 10-17-2008 09:51 AM

Re: Model and Year Identification?

I forgot to mention, yes, it does run. It gets pretty slow after about 2 miles and draws nearly 20 amps when plugging the charger back in afterwards. The local golf cart shop says Trojan 105's are $549 a set, does that sound about right?

pggroves 10-17-2008 10:59 AM

December 4, 2000 mfg date.
Is it PDS or Fleet?
PDS = FNR on dash and Tow/Run switch on controller cover.
Fleet = FNR behind drivers knee and no Tow/Run switch.

Any upgrades? Tires/wheels/electrical. How old are batteries?

rwsduc 10-17-2008 11:24 AM

PG,

Thanks a lot for your response. It must be a Fleet since the FNR selector is behind the drivers knee. Tires and wheels are stock. Electrical upgrades are unknown (no lights, motor related upgrades, etc). I have no idea how old the batteries are, but suffice it to say at least 5 years old (her ex-husband bought it used and never replaced them). The only upgrades are the addition of a rear seat that folds down into a flatbed. The windshield has a couple small cracks. It's been garage kept and the bodywork looks good.

Thanks again!
Rick

rusty 10-17-2008 09:07 PM

Welcome to the forum rwsduc..................

It sounds like the batteries may be shot. Leaving them down will normally kill them and 5 years is pretty much life for most batteries.

Where are you located?

rwsduc 10-18-2008 07:12 PM

Hi Rusty,

I'm surprised the batteries came back to life at all considering they hadn't had a charge in nearly 3 years when I started working on it. I live in sunny north Florida. Starting to cool off, supposed to be in the 50's tonight. :shock:

Rick

kevin.warren18@yahoo.com 09-30-2011 09:10 PM

i just picked up an ezgo three wheel six battery cart.would like to know a year and voltage of batteries as well as a battery and vehichle schematic.any sites that might help would be greatly apreciated.manufacture code62688.

AzPete 09-30-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwsduc (Post 103920)
Hi Rusty,

I'm surprised the batteries came back to life at all considering they hadn't had a charge in nearly 3 years when I started working on it. I live in sunny north Florida. Starting to cool off, supposed to be in the 50's tonight. :shock:

Rick

What part of north Florida? I'm in Panama City....

madoc1 10-01-2011 09:49 AM

az, duc posted that in 08. don't know if he is around anymore.

kevin, if you start your own post instead of hopping on other's, you will get a better response. go to the top of this forum and find the new thread button and go from there. good luck and welcome.

AzPete 10-01-2011 11:58 AM

Yep...just thought I would throw it out there.