Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha g22 fails to go (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=107615)

chase.todd 06-27-2015 04:19 PM

Yamaha g22 fails to go

So my Yamaha g22 the other day all of a sudden started to make a weird noise. My father still tried to drive it and the noise got worse until now the golfcart won't budge. The clutch will spin either way about two turns before it gets locked up. Another key point is that the oil was very low when this occurred.

Dave in VA 06-27-2015 05:17 PM

Re: Yamaha g22 fails to go

Not good. Take the belt off and give it a try.

chase.todd 06-27-2015 06:04 PM

I took the belt going from the starter to the clutch and the clutch still hesitates to turn. So that ruled out a defective starter. It is either the clutch or something in the engine.

SkipBo00 06-28-2015 01:09 PM

Broken Rod ?????

SandbaggerYDRA 06-28-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chase.todd (Post 1171242)
I took the belt going from the starter to the clutch and the clutch still hesitates to turn. So that ruled out a defective starter. It is either the clutch or something in the engine.

Have you tried removing the drive belt? If the engine spins freely after that, your problem is likely in the transaxle, and not the engine.

dbmachine 06-28-2015 06:45 PM

Low in oil is never good on these engines.

chase.todd 06-28-2015 09:27 PM

Even with the drive belt removed the cart doesn't go. If I turn the clutch manually with my hand I can turn it to the left about two rotations and then it won't go past that and when I spin it back the other way two turns it locks up again. Is there any way to take the clutch off or to gain access into the engine to see the problem. I'm positive it is not the transaxle. I'm almost positive this problem is due to the minimal amount of oil that was in the engine.

SandbaggerYDRA 06-29-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chase.todd (Post 1171660)
Even with the drive belt removed the cart doesn't go. If I turn the clutch manually with my hand I can turn it to the left about two rotations and then it won't go past that and when I spin it back the other way two turns it locks up again. Is there any way to take the clutch off or to gain access into the engine to see the problem. I'm positive it is not the transaxle. I'm almost positive this problem is due to the minimal amount of oil that was in the engine.

Almost sounds like a problem with either the balance shaft or the camshaft gear binding, since it takes two revolutions to lock up.

dbmachine 06-29-2015 08:02 AM

No lubrication will cause that issue. Good luck man

chase.todd 06-29-2015 10:05 AM

Can I gain access the the camshaft/balance shaft without bringing it to a shop?