Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G1 owners club-post here (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=74932)

ewbldavis 01-30-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Yamaha G1 owners club-post here

1 Attachment(s)
OK...Here is a pic. Note relocated key. I put a fuel and voltage gauge in. Switch is for "accessory" power (lights, gauges, etc.). Small hole to left of steering hole is new choke location. I have a pull light switch that will be mounted to cowl (not dash).

The finish is Duplicolor spray-on bedliner. Takes a while to dry (days) but as you can see it is an awsome finish. I sprayed my seat back supports with it.

A word of caution - place hole saw strategically or it will wander when drilling by key hole. Mine did a bit...but got it to work.:thumbup:

ewbldavis 01-30-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Dolfi (Post 833005)
U can always move it..I put my wife's between the seats..just an option..

I like that...but I will have a bench seat:?

Todd Dolfi 01-30-2013 08:02 PM

aibeex old boat seats got off a buddy at camp just had them recovered. i think the guy charged like $40 a seat but he did a nice job..And even with bench seat u can put key on the front by you're knee...Just a thought..

abieex 01-30-2013 09:40 PM

Gotcha Todd, good idea.

Field6565 01-30-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abieex (Post 833118)
Gotcha Todd, good idea.

Steve. I kinda did the same thing on my wifes cart. Do a search on " My 84 G1 got new seats " This is the seat build I did on my wifes cart.

tony-g1 01-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Field6565 (Post 833137)
Steve. I kinda did the same thing on my wifes cart. Do a search on " My 84 G1 got new seats " This is the seat build I did on my wifes cart.

Hay field nice seats what did you do to the seat back side, Did you paint the plywood or cover them with something?

abieex 01-31-2013 07:25 AM

Thanks Field, will do!

Todd Dolfi 01-31-2013 04:50 PM

Field did get pm hope it answers any questions..

Field6565 01-31-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony-g1 (Post 833179)
Hay field nice seats what did you do to the seat back side, Did you paint the plywood or cover them with something?

I just painted them black on the backside. I don't think they were painted in the pictures though.

mrtbone49 01-31-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewbldavis (Post 833061)
OK...Here is a pic. Note relocated key. I put a fuel and voltage gauge in. Switch is for "accessory" power (lights, gauges, etc.). Small hole to left of steering hole is new choke location. I have a pull light switch that will be mounted to cowl (not dash).

The finish is Duplicolor spray-on bedliner. Takes a while to dry (days) but as you can see it is an awsome finish. I sprayed my seat back supports with it.

A word of caution - place hole saw strategically or it will wander when drilling by key hole. Mine did a bit...but got it to work.:thumbup:

Great idea...keep up the good work.